Incest and Delayed Motherhood

I'm so uber-intellectual there ain't no rules for me. I if I were ruler of the universe, there wouldn't be any rules and we'd just party all the time, even if it was with your cousin.

Uhhggg, that was gross.

I swear to God I'm going to vomit if I have to look at Olberman any longer.

Is there an option to turn off sig pics, Damo?

I swear to God I'm going to vomit if I have to look at Olberman any longer.

Is there an option to turn off sig pics, Damo?

Click on this link:

p1_olbermann.jpg

On a side note here: Thorn do you know anything about Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency?

I just saw or read something about it recently, but wouldn't trust my memory on that. Isn't that the condition that shows up in about middle childhood and then deteriorates so that the child loses ability to walk, think, etc., and eventually dies when breathing is impossible? Horrible, horrible way to go.

Friends of mine several years ago lost their son to a similar disorder, though he was only six when he died. He had to be carried everywhere, couldn't eat, no longer responded to external stimuli, etc., just heartbreaking. Some years after he died, they adopted. They knew that the risks of having another child with this problem were simply too great.

I just saw or read something about it recently, but wouldn't trust my memory on that. Isn't that the condition that shows up in about middle childhood and then deteriorates so that the child loses ability to walk, think, etc., and eventually dies when breathing is impossible? Horrible, horrible way to go.

Friends of mine several years ago lost their son to a similar disorder, though he was only six when he died. He had to be carried everywhere, couldn't eat, no longer responded to external stimuli, etc., just heartbreaking. Some years after he died, they adopted. They knew that the risks of having another child with this problem were simply too great.

Uhm, no.

Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency (α1-antitrypsin deficiency, A1AD or Alpha-1) is a genetic disorder caused by defective production of alpha 1-antitrypsin (A1AT), leading to decreased A1AT activity in the blood and lungs, and deposition of excessive abnormal A1AT protein in liver cells.[1] There are several forms and degrees of deficiency. Severe A1A deficiency causes emphysema and/or COPD in adult life in nearly all people with the condition, as well as various liver diseases in a minority of children and adults, and occasionally more unusual problems.[2] It is treated by avoidance of damaging inhalants, by intravenous infusions of the A1AT protein, by transplantation of the liver or lungs, and by a variety of other measures, but it usually produces some degree of disability and reduced life expectancy.

Is WM from West Virginia or Kentucky ? Kinda sounds like defensive stuff going on there.

Of course this is not limited to west Va and KY. I heard a lot about it in other states I have lived in.

Is WM from West Virginia or Kentucky ? Kinda sounds like defensive stuff going on there.

Of course this is not limited to west Va and KY. I heard a lot about it in other states I have lived in.

Personally, I had no idea inbreeding had so many defenders!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methemoglobinemia

The Fugates, a family that lived in the hills of Kentucky, are the most famous example of this hereditary chromosomal error. Known as the Blue Fugates, Martin Fugate, settled near Hazard, Kentucky, circa 1800. His wife was a carrier of the recessive methemoglobinemia (met-H) gene, as was a nearby clan with whom the Fugates intermarried. As a result, many descendants of the Fugates were born with met-H.[5]

The 'blue men of Lurgan' were a pair of Lurgan men suffering from what was described as 'familial idiopathic methaemoglobinaemia' who were treated by Dr. James Deeny in 1942.

Personally, I had no idea inbreeding had so many defenders!

Clearly you've never met an uber-intellectual like myself before then. I just don't like things (i.e. Gay hatred) that I feel are supported more by emotion and hysteria than fact, and I read about this in an article in Discover 2 years back or so and agreed with it.

Back