Incoming House intelligence chief botches easy intel quiz

Perhaps the demoncrats were just trying to match someone up with the CIA and such, considering their dismal performance in recent years.

i'm reaaly impressed with the democrats on this one. you have provided us a moron instead of idiots...now that's REAL progress!!!!!

Fortunately Democrats aren't apologists who roll over and excuse such nonsense. We demand more than "better than stupid". I'll write a letter to my rep.

Good point LadyT, how many cons would jump on a Bush nominee like you and most of us libs jumped on a demo nominee ?

Except in the heartland, where they run about 7 or 8 to the ton.

Yeah hillbilly women :) Handy to have around when you have a flat tire though ;)

The point I was trying to make is that by if I say a ton of republicans that really means no Republicans since Republicans are not measured by the ton ?

Lately it seems to me that the misuse of the word ton by supposedly intelligent professional people has grown greatly. Or am I mistaken ?

Many were wrong big time... Passing over somebody who had a grip on the different groups of terrorism for somebody that does not is clearly only beneficial because he "walks the line"...

Yes, "many were wrong big time" damo, but not all were. And yet, thousands of deaths later, here we sit, as a country, looking to those whom were either too ill-informed, too lazy, or too cowardly, to make the correct judgement about this war, thereby getting us into, to get us out of it! The very definition in my opinion, of insanity. Perhaps we should sit Dixie on the Iraq Study committee.

And for someone who says he was against the war from the start, you sure have a lot of patience in you for those who got us into it and wasted all of those lives.

Reyes should be removed and promoted to presumptive Presidential nominee. He certainly has the qualifications, knowing jack shit about a war we are currently engaged in.

Harmon is disqualified because she made a grevious error in judgement, and that cost LIVES.

I'm thinking surely the dems can scrape someone else up.

Harmon is disqualified because she made a grevious error in judgement, and that cost LIVES.

I'm thinking surely the dems can scrape someone else up.

Which really was my point. Honestly. Have we not learned from the past? Clearly Pelosi hasn't. Appointing buffoons to important positions is not good leadership.

My point wasn't that she should have picked Harmon, it was that Harmon was infinitely more qualified than this guy. Surely they can find somebody that walks that thin line of the miniature tent and is qualified at the same time! Instead... she makes Bushlike mistakes in selection criteria.

Which really was my point. Honestly. Have we not learned from the past? Clearly Pelosi hasn't. Appointing buffoons to important positions is not good leadership.

My point wasn't that she should have picked Harmon, it was that Harmon was infinitely more qualified than this guy. Surely they can find somebody that walks that thin line of the miniature tent and is qualified at the same time! Instead... she makes Bushlike mistakes in selection criteria.

Oh I thought your point was that she should have picked Harmon.

I agree, now that you've finally made yourself clear. It always takes you long enough.

Darla said:

I agree, now that you've finally made yourself clear. It always takes you long enough.

I wonder what gave you that impression?

Damocles said:
Right, but the truly qualified candidate was a Dem who promoted the war for a bit.... Therefore they would rather have an unqualified bullethead

I thought my original question made my assertions clear throughout the thread. It has been consistent throughout.

"Have we not learned from the past?"

I wonder what gave you that impression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
Right, but the truly qualified candidate was a Dem who promoted the war for a bit.... Therefore they would rather have an unqualified bullethead [/QUOTE]

LOL.

I'm telling ya Tiana, I have a very difficult time with Damo. And if I don't go back and read every post on the thread, by the end of it, he can get me convinced that I read him wrong.

I don't know. I would kill him if I was married to him though. I don't know how his wife puts up with it. It is common in pretty much all men, to contort and twist themselves into all kinds of crazy verbal positions in order to show that you "misunderstood" them...but Damo is the king.

I don't know. I would kill him if I was married to him though. I don't know how his wife puts up with it. It is common in pretty much all men, to contort and twist themselves into all kinds of crazy verbal positions in order to show that you "misunderstood" them...but Damo is the king.

His trick is to be vague and then morph his argument into whatever is convenient throughout the thread. And then he'll go, well "you assumed yada yada yada" when in fact you have to take liberties with what he says because its never direct until you start grilling him on it. Its a good strategy.

Back