APP - Information Sources

No, it only sounds like that to lefties after it has been processed with lefty thoughts. Notice how you can't wrap quotes around where I said this? Lefties are only capable of thinking lefty thoughts, since they have never been righties. Righties however, were once lefties, since all of us are born as little lefties screaming for a tit or a bottle for survival. Since righties were once lefties, we can think like lefties, AND we can think like righties.

When I grew up no 'average Joe' was a lefty or a righty, that distinction is a creation of propaganda sources. You must be young? Twenty four by seven media didn't exist and the distinctions were blurred. Social media didn't exist. I have linked books that describe this tribal creation, even wrote a piece long ago I will try to find on topic. We were not even liberal or conservative back then, we were just Americans and while obviously class and bias existed they were different from today. But I see you are stuck in these categories, that is kinda sad. In a real sense I am more conservative than most people. Pay all my taxes, vote, Vietnam era veteran, support American institutions and charities, same wife closing on fifty years....

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

For the reader who wants to understand how we got here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2751831-invisible-hands

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27833494-dark-money

PS I'll try to find op mentioned above.

Back