Interesting story from my Saturday

Is that a religious thing?

Somewhat. I definitely don't believe in getting drunk (Gal 5:19-21; Rom. 13:12-13 et al). But I have had close friends and family members have their lives ruined because of a lack of control of alcohol intake. So I figure if I never partake it can't happen to me.

Yes, Buffalo Wild Wings. We shorten it for ease of use here since there's no other place so named.

Edit: I have to agree 100% that there's better wings out there but was just comparing the two chains talked about.
I'm amazed at how the B-Dub chain has grown. BW-3 originated here in Columbus back in the early to mid 80's. The original name of the Franchise was "Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck" which is now abbreviated to BW-3. The "Weck" stood for their other specialty...long gone now which was actually pretty good. That is their beef on weck sandwich (common in western NY and eastern PA), which is, thinly slice rare roast beef on special kind of roll they called a "weck" with a horse radish sauce. In the early days myself and two friends would go to their first place on High Street and we'd each order a weck sandwhich and we'd share a dozen or more wings and a pitcher or two of beer.

The first BW-3 store opened on High Street in Columbus on the southeast corner of Lane and High Street just across the street from The Ohio State University. It was a legendary party spot. Around the same time they also opened one in Westerville (a Columbus suburb on the north east part of town.). The one on High street was in an old Brown Stone building that had been a bar for many years before the original owners of B-Dubs bought it and was one of the go to party spots on the Ohio State/High Street party scene from about 1985 to 1995 or 96 when they closed down the original High Street location, bought out the Bike Source shop on the corner of Lane and High and opened a new B-Dub there.

I remember when they closed down their first store on High street they auctioned off all the stores furniture and equipment. Some friends and I went there and bought furniture for his pool room in the basement of his house.

At the original store I loved their weck sandwhiches and originally they were as popular as the wings. I still wonder why the got rid of them?

Back