Interesting Subject (Troll Free)

The vast majority are small 50 to 100 cc bikes. It's actually a lot of fun to tour around the country side in Nam or the Phils. A big bike, like a car, would be mostly a waste cause you can only do about 25 mph on average cause all the little bikes obey no traffic laws and are constantly in your way.

Whilst what you say is true for the most part, there are actually a fair number of bikers in Vietnam that ride around in gangs especially in Saigon. They seem relatively benign, probably best not to piss them off though.

What is the benefit, are you planning to put in LED lights?

The positive ground parts are just readily available, at any ole parts store, especially if anyone rides out of any of the major cities.

I haven't decided on LED's yet; put they are brighter for turn signals and stop lights.

Last edited:
The positive ground parts are just radially available, at any ole parts store, especially if anyone rides out of any of the major cities.

I haven't decided on LED's yet; put they are brighter for turn signals and stop lights.

I assume you mean that negative ground parts are readily available. I just got a military spec LED flashlight and it's the dog's bollocks!!

I assume you mean that negative ground parts are readily available. I just got a military spec LED flashlight and it's the dog's bollocks!!

Norton's and Triumph's were positive ground, which is something the British came up with and some older British made cars (mostly pre 1970) also use a positive ground system.

If you know someone who has an older Jaguar and are going on a road trip, DO NOT try charging your IPOD or phone with a charger that goes into the cigarette lighter.
The resulting "light show" might be a little distracting to the driver. LOL

Norton's and Triumph's were positive ground, which is something the British came up with and some older British made cars (mostly pre 1970) also use a positive ground system.

If you know someone who has an older Jaguar and are going on a road trip, DO NOT try charging your IPOD or phone with a charger that goes into the cigarette lighter.
The resulting "light show" might be a little distracting to the driver. LOL

Yes I had a couple of cars that were like that back in the day. I believe that older cars and bikes were negative ground but it was changed because the first generation of zener diodes were positive ground.

Yes I had a couple of cars that were like that back in the day. I believe that older cars and bikes were negative ground but it was changed because the first generation of zener diodes were positive ground.

From what I've read, one of the reasons the change was made was when everyone moved from cloth wrapped wires and moved to the plastic wrapped ones.
The older wires had a bad habit of "leaking" electricity, at inappropriate times; like TOUCHING THEM. :D

Back