Interesting thing I did not know about buying a ranch...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
If you are buying a house with more than 10 acres you need to contact a special insurance agency. Most Homeowners Insurance Agencies will not cover more than 10 acres.

Ugh....

Would this be considered a "first world problem"?

also you need one of these......

2021-John-Deere-Gator-XUV-835R-12.jpg

If you are buying a house with more than 10 acres you need to contact a special insurance agency. Most Homeowners Insurance Agencies will not cover more than 10 acres.

Ugh....

Same problem in North Carolina.

Ugh....

Is that a Colorado thing? We have 12.4 acres and are insured by State Farm.

Maybe so. Colorado is more likely to have ranches than we are, which I guess would include livestock that also needs to be insured.

My friend doesn't take out any policies on his annual herd. It's a small herd of cracker cows, though.

It might be different if running 250+ pure Angus.

They use this stud bull, that thing has muscles on muscles on muscles. Looks like the Bugs Bunny bull with more muscles.

He's one of the nicest cows around, though. He's sweet as pie. Yearlings are what's dangerous.

My friend doesn't take out any policies on his annual herd. It's a small herd of cracker cows, though.

It might be different if running 250+ pure Angus.

They use this stud bull, that thing has muscles on muscles on muscles. Looks like the Bugs Bunny bull with more muscles.

He's one of the nicest cows around, though. He's sweet as pie. Yearlings are what's dangerous.

Yearlings = hormonal teenagers. lol

Back