Interesting thing I did not know about buying a ranch...

If you are buying a house with more than 10 acres you need to contact a special insurance agency. Most Homeowners Insurance Agencies will not cover more than 10 acres.

Ugh....

Would this be considered a "first world problem"?

Is that a state or federalist caused problem?

Is that a Colorado thing? We have 12.4 acres and are insured by State Farm.
Good points. Also there might be a usage issue. There's a big difference between a nature preserve versus an all-nude resort with nude skydiving, paragliding and rock-climbing. The latter needs more coverage. :thup:

probably because of the added liability from having parts of your ranch roll down and crush your neighbor's house.......

And the fact that the whole thing could go up in smoke and ash in just a matter of a few seconds!

Our world is on fire in many wide areas currently!

global_omp_2020253_lrg.jpg

I wish that I could afford a beautiful Manhattan apartment.
I'm perfectly willing to share Central Park with my neighbors.

Living in the fucking hinterlands isn't my style.
Nobody should have to get in a car to buy a cup of coffee and a bagel for Christ's sake.

I wish that I could afford a beautiful Manhattan apartment.
I'm perfectly willing to share Central Park with my neighbors.

Living in the fucking hinterlands isn't my style.
Nobody should have to get in a car to buy a cup of coffee and a bagel for Christ's sake.

I agree. Why don't you move to 47th street or something?

If you are buying a house with more than 10 acres you need to contact a special insurance agency. Most Homeowners Insurance Agencies will not cover more than 10 acres.

Ugh....

Would this be considered a "first world problem"?

No Sir.
This is one of the myriad small stumbling blocks the wealthy have scattered on the road to wealth.
I had to insure a property through Loyds of London to break that particular barrier.
It was a real nail biter finding that coverage and it is an extra burden paying the higher cost but worth it too.

Yep. Don't need it with the house I finally bought. I might get a backhoe if I start buying some more raw land that needs grading to make it valuable though.

Again I'll suggest used full-size and a machinery auction. You can get some really good deals.

Fleet rental company equipment deals n stuff.

Again I'll suggest used full-size and a machinery auction. You can get some really good deals.

Fleet rental company equipment deals n stuff.

Used backhoes are really a scarce item. They sell quickly usually unless they're junk. At machinery auctions, expect to be heavily bid against if one is on the block.

Used backhoes are really a scarce item. They sell quickly usually unless they're junk. At machinery auctions, expect to be heavily bid against if one is on the block.

There's always luck or Ol' boy that used it for the back 40 that it's all done there. That's a real thing that happens.

Back