Internet Explorerer is now COMPLETELY useless

I've actually just figured out that I could've ugraded to Vista Ultimate free using that "Anytime Upgrade" disc and VLite. Too bad I threw it away...

vlite is good tool.. just started playing with its about a week ago

it did ?? its basicly a rebulid of xp. what features are talking about ??

UAC was implemented in just about all operating systems but Windows. The look also, I've heard, mirrors OSX. That's it :(

OK, I know. I'm talking out my ass. I just heard it somewhere.

vlite is good tool.. just started playing with its about a week ago

I can't actually use it with the recovery disc Lenovo sent me :(. You can ONLY use it with the Windows "Anytime Upgrade" disc that I threw away! I'm thinking about buying a new one off of EBay, or purchasing an Upgrade just so that I can get it back and start using Vlite.

UAC was implemented in just about all operating systems but Windows. The look also, I've heard, mirrors OSX. That's it :(

OK, I know. I'm talking out my ass. I just heard it somewhere.

i think UAC has been around for quite some time, i am not sure what the called it, but it was a third party app for windows xp, not too sure of the history though

Maybe a different company offered it, but the new Vista version is Microsoft code, right?

The thing I hate about Vista is that it's a goddamn resource hog. That's why I wanted VLite.

I can't actually use it with the recovery disc Lenovo sent me :(. You can ONLY use it with the Windows "Anytime Upgrade" disc that I threw away! I'm thinking about buying a new one off of EBay, or purchasing an Upgrade just so that I can get it back and start using Vlite.

i like it just for messing around with other OS's its just like have a mini backup you can messaround with boot partitions all you want and not have to worriy, and it free

Maybe a different company offered it, but the new Vista version is Microsoft code, right?

The thing I hate about Vista is that it's a goddamn resource hog. That's why I wanted VLite.

ya the vista uac is microsoft, weather they bought the company who bought or not i am not sure.

rescources .. ya they changed that alot.... i had vista running on 2 pcs when i was testing it, one with 1gb mem and one with 2, both had issues.
now i run it with 4gb of mem and its been vary good, a lil tweeking can go along way, but the more mem you have the better off you will be

I have 2 gig :(.

The user portion of memory addressing takes up about 2 gig max before Windows crashes. But there's still that like 700 megabytes of memory vistas taking up every time you start it.

I have 2 gig :(.

The user portion of memory addressing takes up about 2 gig max before Windows crashes. But there's still that like 700 megabytes of memory vistas taking up every time you start it.

its definitly a mem hog... but with the prices of mem its not so bad, 4 or 5 years ago this wouldn't have aceptable

Worst of all is that Safari piece of shit - you'd have to point a gun to my head to even get me to touch it.

well I use firefox but I would still say safari is better than ie BY FAR. RSS Integration, Safer, and faster.

I rank browsers by the following:

Firefox
Camino
Safari
Opera
IE

Microsoft products are fine so long as you reboot constantly. Their server OS is a piece of crap.

why would you need to reboot all the time, i never have too..

its all opinion...

i guess i could see why people think microsoft products suck.. they probably think they know more about the product then they actuly do

i like it just for messing around with other OS's its just like have a mini backup you can messaround with boot partitions all you want and not have to worriy, and it free

opps i was thinking of a diffrent program there... not vlite, vista boot manager is the one i was talking about there

its definitly a mem hog... but with the prices of mem its not so bad, 4 or 5 years ago this wouldn't have aceptable

Last time I checked 2 gig sticks for laptops they were in the hundreds. They'er A LOT more expensive for what you get out of them. And I think laptops only even come with 2 slots, which are already taken up by the 1 gig sticks. No way I can replace that on my budget.

This is one funny thread................!

I love it when Bob comes across as a 'Island Bunny'...worshiper of da green and Pina Colodas when talking politics...on a HS level...:cool: than walla when the topic changes to systems...the PHD comes out..........:cof1:

I love it when Bob comes across as a 'Island Bunny'...worshiper of da green and Pina Colodas when talking politics...on a HS level...:cool: than walla when the topic changes to systems...the PHD comes out..........:cof1:
LOL phd my ass... as for politics shit i aint tring to pretend.

LOL phd my ass... as for politics shit i aint tring to pretend.

i like coming to political sites like this not to change peoples minds or argue all that much, but more try to understand more the ways i see things.

Back