Ipod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancel7

Banned
Does anyone know wtf is the deal with your ipod library once you get a new computer? I bought a new computer and set it up this weekend. I've got everything humming along pretty well, proving that they really have dumbed down home computers, because I know as much about computers, as, say, an SF about gender politics, or a Topper about economics. Which is to say; nothing to speak of.

The one thing that has stumped me is how to transfer my entire ipod library to my new computer. I have only been able to transfer my purchased songs -none of my cd downloads or playlists.

You have to get software to do it. Then you plug in your iPod and transfer the songs from the iPod to the computer. I use one that is literally called, "iPod to computer Transfer"...

Should be able to just copy your entire music folder from the older computer to the new computer - just make sure it goes in the proper directory so the path is the same on both computers.

I have transferred my music library twice now (once to a new computer, once to duplicate it to my laptop) without any problems.

Should be able to just copy your entire music folder from the older computer to the new computer - just make sure it goes in the proper directory so the path is the same on both computers.

I have transferred my music library twice now (once to a new computer, once to duplicate it to my laptop) without any problems.
You are assuming more knowledge than she has exemplified in the first post. To transfer it computer to computer you would need to connect the computers together either by a network or using a cross-over cable then transfer the files.

In my case, the computer could not be used to transfer the files as the computer was a total wash. The only way to transfer my files was from the iPod as the other files no longer existed.

It is the easiest way to do it for somebody who has little knowledge on networking as well.

Here is one place that can make it easy for you.

http://www.ipod2computer.com/index....tandard&OVADID=8857518012&OVKWID=117472586512

To manually transfer it you would need a network up and enough knowledge to know where your music is actually stored - stuff the average computer user usually never bothers to figure out about. It would be best just to copy it onto your IPod and use a transfer program like Damo said.

/echo

Does anyone know wtf is the deal with your ipod library once you get a new computer? I bought a new computer and set it up this weekend. I've got everything humming along pretty well, proving that they really have dumbed down home computers, because I know as much about computers, as, say, an SF about gender politics, or a Topper about economics. Which is to say; nothing to speak of.

The one thing that has stumped me is how to transfer my entire ipod library to my new computer. I have only been able to transfer my purchased songs -none of my cd downloads or playlists.

yeah, get a man to do the job of transferring the file for you, while you go back to the kitchen and make him some dinner.

:pke:

Alright, now we are talking! lol

No, I think this program is exactly what I needed, thank you all for your help.

I'm pre-empting grind by posting this conversation:

(5:00:05 PM) WM: In this post: [ame="http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=323695&postcount=12"]Just Plain Politics! - View Single Post - Ipod ?[/ame] Darla basically said "man WM I'd really like it if you'd come over and have sex with me."
(5:00:30 PM) WM: They're always asking for it. But there's only so much WM and so many ladies.
(5:01:02 PM) Grind: lol

You are assuming more knowledge than she has exemplified in the first post. To transfer it computer to computer you would need to connect the computers together either by a network or using a cross-over cable then transfer the files.

In my case, the computer could not be used to transfer the files as the computer was a total wash. The only way to transfer my files was from the iPod as the other files no longer existed.

It is the easiest way to do it for somebody who has little knowledge on networking as well.

Here is one place that can make it easy for you.

http://www.ipod2computer.com/index....tandard&OVADID=8857518012&OVKWID=117472586512

I used a flash drive. No biggie. Like using a floppy in the old days.

I bought these Bose speakers for my new computer, and they sound so incredible I can't even get away from my computer today. I am really into this.

I bought these Bose speakers for my new computer, and they sound so incredible I can't even get away from my computer today. I am really into this.
Excellent.

The speakers on my computer are the best in the house, I play music all the time.

The only speakers that compare are on my big screen where we watch movies. I love surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back