Iraq now longer than ww2

Evil, perhaps this was just the excuse/foot in the door for a presence in the oil rich ME. With the planners (not Bush) knowing we would not be able to cleanly withdraw from Iraq, and Iran and such would escalate the situation requiring an even greater presence.....Control of oil by the USA or forses freiendly to the USA?

pops - This sounds more like your thought on why as opposed to the "no plan" question. I highly doubt the oil argument plays any roll here, it's been a topic for some time and still it comes up as if we are any better of in that industy.

I would rather hear your opinion on "the plan", do you think they went in without consideration of the many possibilites?

Bush went in clueless, but those making the plan knew pretty much what they were doing.
I think President Cheney knew what he was doing :)

Bush went in clueless, but those making the plan knew pretty much what they were doing.
I think President Cheney knew what he was doing :)

So essentially you are one that buys into the fact that the planners had a plan, but bush had his own?

So essentially you are one that buys into the fact that the planners had a plan, but bush had his own?
close but no seegar. Bush is a clueless figurehead. No plan there, he just know what he was told to know, a need to know kind of thing kept VERY tightly under wraps.

close but no seegar. Bush is a clueless figurehead. No plan there, he just know what he was told to know, a need to know kind of thing kept VERY tightly under wraps.

Well what is it pops, he had planners to advise or not? or is it that you can't see this from an objective point of view and have a preference to disliking anything out of this administration for the fact it's led by a clueless figurehead?

It's a simple one, really!

Oh he had plannners, but what they told him was another matter Evil.
And Yes you are right The Bush administration is a simple one :)
But the ones controlling the Bush administration, well that is another matter entirely, we will probably not know the truth for 50 yrs or so.

Oh he had plannners, but what they told him was another matter Evil.
And Yes you are right The Bush administration is a simple one :)
But the ones controlling the Bush administration, well that is another matter entirely, we will probably not know the truth for 50 yrs or so.

Well I am glad you admit to your partisan view on this, it's respectable considering most would never admit that.

Anyways, your view on this is opinion based or factual?

Well I am glad you admit to your partisan view on this, it's respectable considering most would never admit that.

Anyways, your view on this is opinion based or factual?

both Evil. The larger than usual active role in big descisions by the VP is one indicating factor. Past roles of many of the Bush cabinet members, etc. There are many more I can't remember or want to go into right now.
And yes I had a glass of koolaid the other day when the grandchildren were over. but we did not make tin foil hats, just paper ones :)
first glass of koolaid in many years I think, pity I had no vodka to spice it up with.

both Evil. The larger than usual active role in big descisions by the VP is one indicating factor. Past roles of many of the Bush cabinet members, etc. There are many more I can't remember or want to go into right now.
And yes I had a glass of koolaid the other day when the grandchildren were over. but we did not make tin foil hats, just paper ones :)
first glass of koolaid in many years I think, pity I had no vodka to spice it up with.

:lolup:

Good stuff as usual pops, I like your replies!

I appreciate the points as well! I know ya wanna see me as having a partisan view as well, and admittedly there issues where it may apply but not for the most part. My opinion is that they went in there with a plan, not soley belonging to "bush", but the plan has certainly struggled thus far by a long shot. On the other hand in my opinion as well the plan was never going to have a fair shake with the many hurdles in front of it, there has been some success in this plan, any ultimate success is something that I think has yet to be seen, it's not over by a long shot.

Thanks Evil.
What the plan is would not sell to the American public, so it has been worked the way it has gone so far.

Thanks Evil.
What the plan is would not sell to the American public, so it has been worked the way it has gone so far.

Welcome sir, keeping it colorful is always more fun!

I dunno, I was sold on the iraq war, maybe I'm just dumb! I saw it a necessity before all the talk of wmd's, I saw saddam and his regime that were never going to abide by international law, I saw questions go unanswered through inspections. Perhaps there was no immediate threat, but I would of laid odds on the fact that there would have been before long. But once again a mere opinion.

I dunno Sir.
It would have been interesting if bush had waited and let the inspectors do their job to see how things would have turned out, or taken the time to double check his inteligence data on WMD's and such. We will now never know.
All we can do now is try and make the best decisions going forward.

I dunno Sir.
It would have been interesting if bush had waited and let the inspectors do their job to see how things would have turned out, or taken the time to double check his inteligence data on WMD's and such. We will now never know.

Agreed! The one thing I do recall though is the time inspectors were fired at in an early inspection, and then this time around they could not account for anthrax & VX that were listed, other from that inspection should of went forward for the purpose of wmd's. Without the wmds Im still in support of some sort of hardline action, perhaps not invasion but not so sure sanctions would of been the answer either.

I dunno Sir.

The UN had 12 years to "do its job" in Iraq and see how it turned out, and funny thing, it never turned out in anyone's favor except Saddam's. And who, precisely, was the President supposed to "double-check" his intelligence with? FactCheck.Org? The intelligence data presented to the UN, and voted unanimously to act upon, came from US, British, Pakistani, Sudanese, Jordanian, Saudi, and Turkish Intelligence agencies... there was no one left to "double-check" with, except for Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, and France!

The best decision we can make going forward, is to not elect a bunch of clueless Liberal idiots to power in November.

The UN had 12 years to "do its job" in Iraq and see how it turned out, and funny thing, it never turned out in anyone's favor except Saddam's.

It's a serious point that became overshadowed by the wmd questions!

Dixie, Yes it was really turning out wunnerful for Sadam wasn't it :)

Over $100 billion in unaccounted-for Oil For Food money? Yeah, I'd say he was living pretty large! As well as the back-stabbing Euro-scum from France and Germany, who were gladly accepting the bribe money to oppose us in the UN. Did they not report this on your Liberal News Network or something? I thought it was common knowledge?

The UN had 12 years to "do its job" in Iraq and see how it turned out, and funny thing, it never turned out in anyone's favor except Saddam's. And who, precisely, was the President supposed to "double-check" his intelligence with? FactCheck.Org? The intelligence data presented to the UN, and voted unanimously to act upon, came from US, British, Pakistani, Sudanese, Jordanian, Saudi, and Turkish Intelligence agencies... there was no one left to "double-check" with, except for Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, and France!

The best decision we can make going forward, is to not elect a bunch of clueless Liberal idiots to power in November.

The UN had 12 years to "do its job" in Iraq and see how it turned out, and funny thing, it never turned out in anyone's favor except Saddam's.

The UN inspectors did there job. There were no more WMD in iraq. 95% destruction of chem/bio weapons was empirically verified. It was proven there was no nuke program.

I pray you're not suggesting we spent half a trillion dollars and 22 thousand dead and wounded americans, simply because Saddam couldn't cough up documentation for the last remaining 5% of his alleged chem/bio weapons.

Dixie - quite the argument mudflap makes here.....NOT! So essentially he is stating that 12 years were spent soley on the wmd issue. Is it me or is it the only thing here he has his hat to hang on?

Over $100 billion in unaccounted-for Oil For Food money? Yeah, I'd say he was living pretty large! As well as the back-stabbing Euro-scum from France and Germany, who were gladly accepting the bribe money to oppose us in the UN. Did they not report this on your Liberal News Network or something? I thought it was common knowledge?
Yep and some of that oil for food money came from US oilmen :)
And what about the billions unaccounted for in the reconstruction funds.
Wake up dixie and see reality.

Back