Is a hotdog a sandwich?

A tortilla is made from bread. Bread on the outside. Meat in the middle. It's a sandwich.

Well, if you want to call a burrito a sandwich, I can't say that I disagree, because in a very general sense of the word, I can see how it could be considered as such.

But as for flour tortillas, they are made only of flour and water with no leavening agent, aka yeast, which is required for bread.

So at best, it's a yes and no proposition.

For some much more in depth discussions and analysis on the subject, try Googling...

....is a flour tortilla bread? <-- Link

Well, if you want to call a burrito a sandwich, I can't say that I disagree, because in a very general sense of the word, I can see how it could be considered as such.

But as for flour tortillas, they are made only of flour and water with no leavening agent, aka yeast, which is required for bread.

So at best, it's a yes and no proposition.

For some much more in depth discussions and analysis on the subject, try Googling...

....is a flour tortilla bread? <-- Link

No yeast no bread.

How so?

A burrito is wrapped continuously will a flour tortilla.

Not the same a a roll or a bun or two pieces of bread.

a burrito is a sandwich. you got your grain/ starch holding together the protein and fiber. ravioli anyone ? is ravioli a sandwich ? a corndog is a sandwich.

a burrito is a sandwich. you got your grain/ starch holding together the protein and fiber. ravioli anyone ? is ravioli a sandwich ? a corndog is a sandwich.

I think a burrito is a quasi-sandwich.

A cousin of the sandwich family, but not an official member.

Back