is it time to exchange the electoral college for the popular vote

is it time to exchange the electoral college for the popular vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty fuckng annoying isn't it? I'm going to threaten to only write responses in poems in the next Were Wolf game if he doesn't stop it. LOL

So you are going to ignore all the links to the census data and electoral college info yet again, while at the same time proclaiming i am not providing it?

That is a true liberal for ya.

The 10 most rural states are Vermont, ME, WV, MS, SD, AR, MT, ND, AL, and KY.

But it furthers my point... Half of those do not have over representation by the electoral college. Half that are overrepresented are not on your list. Hawaii, DC, ID, DE... all have majorities in urban areas

That your numerically challenged. You seriously want people to believe that states like Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, Utah, South Dakota & North Dakota are not over represented in both the electoral college and the Senate?

Seriously, you again spout off this? Try reading you ignorant shit. I said the sparsely populated states are. I said you are full of shit to say the RURAL areas/ States are. Are YOU going to pretend not to notice that hawaii, vt,nh,de, dc are ALSO overrepresented?

Bottom line, you have proven yourself a fool.

You lied about Ohio, you lied about rural states mutt... You ignore data that doesnt suit your bullshit story. Yeah... You should judge debates

I just like the NE-ME way because if applied to all 50 states, it would hurt the Dems.

I find it somewhat funny that a house who's representation is based on population manages to be gerrymandered hard enough to be biased to the right of a house that gives the same representation to this place with a handful of farmers and the 9th large economy in the world.

the very definition of the word democracy says a republic can be a democracy.

they just deny the very definitions for words to cling to their historically failed ideas

A monarchy that is not a democracy: Saudi Arabia

A monarchy that is a democracy: the United Kingdom

A republic that is not a democracy: the People's Republic of China

A republic that is a democracy: Germany

Where do we want to be?

You mean proportional representation, a system that would allow far greater access of 3rd parties to the political system?

Proportional representation would allow for greater access if applied to the legislature. With regards to the electoral college, it would effectively be a fancy form of plurality with less precision and slightly biased towards smaller states.

how can you acess if its working when you don't tak into considerastion the FACT that the republican party CHEATS in elections.

If they didn't CHEAT the people out of their votes the system would WORK FINE

What on Earth are you talking about? Why would popular vote be any less susceptible to cheating?

Proportional representation would allow for greater access if applied to the legislature. With regards to the electoral college, it would effectively be a fancy form of plurality with less precision and slightly biased towards smaller states.

I'd like to see it apply to legislature as well.

Back