Is there anyone uglier than Amy poehler?

Actually the young Lucille Ball was stunning.

View attachment 1928

Yes, she was. I am actually related to Lucy, and love her to death. I just never thought of her as particularly "hot." Another who was very attractive in her younger days, is Betty White. But as a general rule, don't you think most comediennes are not really that attractive? Not to say they are dog-butt ugly, they just often have a 'funny' look about them. Poehler fits that mold, like a Carol Burnett type.

I do like Poehler's comedy, she makes me laugh, and P&R has always been one of my favorite sitcoms. I think they might be getting close to their 'jump the shark' moment though, maybe another season. What is interesting is, they have always had about the same ratings as their 'sister show', The Office, is getting this season... 4.1 to 4.8ish... but everyone is talking about how terrible The Office has become. I actually still like The Office, even without Steve Carell. To me, it seems the other characters have blossomed and become more a part of the show.

Yes, she was. I am actually related to Lucy, and love her to death. I just never thought of her as particularly "hot." Another who was very attractive in her younger days, is Betty White. But as a general rule, don't you think most comediennes are not really that attractive? Not to say they are dog-butt ugly, they just often have a 'funny' look about them. Poehler fits that mold, like a Carol Burnett type.

I do like Poehler's comedy, she makes me laugh, and P&R has always been one of my favorite sitcoms. I think they might be getting close to their 'jump the shark' moment though, maybe another season. What is interesting is, they have always had about the same ratings as their 'sister show', The Office, is getting this season... 4.1 to 4.8ish... but everyone is talking about how terrible The Office has become. I actually still like The Office, even without Steve Carell. To me, it seems the other characters have blossomed and become more a part of the show.
How about Mary Tyler Moore? Though not a stand up comediene, never the less, she was hilarious. I always thought she was hot. Particularly in the Dick Van Dyke days.

MTM.jpg

I mean her crying jags and laughing jags were out of this world. The we're so infectious. They'd make you laugh until your sides hurt.

Last edited:
How about Mary Tyler Moore? Though not a stand up comediene, never the less, she was hilarious. I always thought she was hot. Particularly in the Dick Van Dyke days.

View attachment 1929

I mean her crying jags and laughing jags were out of this world. The we're so infectious. They'd make you laugh until your sides hurt.

You have probably never heard of Sarah Alexander or Laura Solon, very funny ladies and easy on the eye.

Sarah%20Alexander-SPX-013904.jpg

laurasolon1.jpg

Last edited:
No, I was too general. Let me correct it: Guys who criticize talented women - or any women for that matter - for their looks are waaaay uglier.

Hope that helps.

I didn't necessarily criticize a person, as in their personality or being, just their appearance, which is of course a subjective opinion. Is it your contention that I MUST find every single woman attractive and if I don't I am an ugly person, or is that I am allowed to find some woman unattractive, but I should just never ever ever state my preferences regarding on who those people might be, else I am the uglier person?

I don't really see any third option that I could gather from your statements, and the two I provided above seem both equally ridiculous.

I didn't necessarily criticize a person, as in their personality or being, just their appearance, which is of course a subjective opinion. Is it your contention that I MUST find every single woman attractive and if I don't I am an ugly person, or is that I am allowed to find some woman unattractive, but I should just never ever ever state my preferences regarding on who those people might be, else I am the uglier person?

I don't really see any third option that I could gather from your statements, and the two I provided above seem both equally ridiculous.

Goody. I really don't care who you find attractive or ugly. The fact that you find something that superficial as thread-worthy reflects upon you, not me.

well your argument wasn't about thread-worthiness. In that regard I might agree with you, it's a bit random, but this is off topic at the end of the day.

What your argument was on the other hand is that that anyone that would point out someones unattractiveness makes one far uglier (and implies) that said person is a bad person for doing so. I am not sure I buy that. We can't help who we are attracted to, clearly everyone in the world has preferences and has beliefs on who might be not attractive or even ugly, vs. those that are attractive. So I fail to see how sharing ones preferences is somehow wrong as you sort of imply.

I mean yes, if I said that directly to amy poehler, you would have a point. That would just be mean. But that's not the case.

Last edited:
well your argument wasn't about thread-worthiness. In that regard I might agree with you, it's a bit random, but this is off topic at the end of the day.

What your argument was on the other hand is that that anyone that would point out someones unattractiveness makes one far uglier (and implies) that said person is a bad person for doing so. I am not sure I buy that. We can't help who we are attracted to, clearly everyone in the world has preferences and has beliefs on who might be not attractive or even ugly, vs. those that are attractive. So I feel to see how sharing ones preferences is somehow wrong as you sort of imply.

I mean yes, if I said that directly to amy poehler, you would have a point. That would just be mean. But that's not the case.

Yippee.

Well, I'm sure Amy Poehler is extremely disappointed that she has failed to please your oh-so-important penis, failing what is apparently the only important responsibility women have in this world.

Well, I'm sure Amy Poehler is extremely disappointed that she has failed to please your oh-so-important penis, failing what is apparently the only important responsibility women have in this world.

Water you are not being facetious with these kind of posts are you? Some people tell me they think you are. I hope not. I agree with most of them. This is actually a great observation btw.

I don't think Amy Poehler is ugly btw. She's not exactly pretty...she's pretty average looking IMO. But she's a very funny lady and I admire her a lot for her viewpoints. I love this story about her that Tina Fey recounts in her book "Bossy Pants". Poehler is pretty awesome.

I don't think Amy Poehler is ugly btw. She's not exactly pretty...she's pretty average looking IMO. But she's a very funny lady and I admire her a lot for her viewpoints. I love this story about her that Tina Fey recounts in her book "Bossy Pants". Poehler is pretty awesome.

I liked the episode with Joe Biden, where she nearly molests him. I was thinking, I bet that's how Darla and Rana would react if they met Plugs!

Back