Is this racism?

A few guys compete and play for charities of their choice. As they introduce their charities, one guys says (paraphrased)
" I am playing for people who look like me and talk like me..."
Is this racist?

A few guys compete and play for charities of their choice. As they introduce their charities, one guys says (paraphrased)
Is this racist?

If this is from a real story, post a link to a reputable source so I can judge the context myself - without your attempt to paraphrase it and camouflage it.

If this is a figment of your imagination, it is so devoid of clarity, context, and substance as to render it virtually meaningless and indecipherable.

If this is from a real story, post a link to a reputable source so I can judge the context myself - without your attempt to paraphrase it and camouflage it.

If this is a figment of your imagination, it is so devoid of clarity, context, and substance as to render it virtually meaningless and indecipherable.

Another liberal afraid to commit.

Thanks, just what I was about to type myself.

Is this racist?

As pointed out by other ppl, how in the world could you expect someone to state an opinion with that snippet that appears carefully edited as well as paraphrased? Was the guy in a wheelchair? Did he have a speech impediment? Was he dressed in a clown costume with bright green hair and big floppy shoes? Was he wearing fatigues? Was he a Conehead?

It seems that perhaps you want to stir up some more shit about racism. Why is that?

It shouldn't really matter who these competitors are, but since you insist...
one is a white Jew, one is Asian, one is Black, one is Hispanic. You already know that this person is playing for people who look and talk like him, no other reason, no handicap.

one is a white Jew, one is Asian, one is Black, one is Hispanic. You already know that this person is playing for people who look and talk like him, no other reason, no handicap.

Of course it matters. So please provide a link to the story so we can answer your question. Or did you just make it up?

Of course it matters. So please provide a link to the story so we can answer your question. Or did you just make it up?

Assume I made it up. If either of these people said they are competing for above mentioned reasons, would it be racism? You don't need to know more than that.
Once a few people answered the actual question, I will post a link. It actually did happen, and husband and I both noticed.

Of course it matters. He could be referring to people with autism, a short guy with a (fill-in-the-blank) accent, a deaf person, or many other non-racial categories.

Of course it matters. He could be referring to people with autism, a short guy with a (fill-in-the-blank) accent, a deaf person, or many other non-racial categories.

Ok?

Looks like liberals are incapable of deciding whether or not something is racist unless they can ID the ethnicity/race of the person who said it.

Identity politics is all they know.

They have to figure out if the speaker is a protected class according to the liberal hierarchy of victimhood.

Well played, Lovebug. :hand:

Assume I made it up. If either of these people said they are competing for above mentioned reasons, would it be racism? You don't need to know more than that.
Once a few people answered the actual question, I will post a link. It actually did happen, and husband and I both noticed.

I can't answer. I don't know what they look like, nor do I know what they sound like. You declared their race but if we don't have context, we don't know what "People who look and sound like me" means.

I have freckles, red hair, a Midwestern twang to my speech which is now mixing in with the Yooper/Canadian cadence and pronounciation. I also think that I sound like a cartoon character. lol

If I say I'm "doing this for people who look and sound like me"... am I doing a charity event for Woody Woodpecker? Redheads in general? People who have moved from an area with its own speech to another, who are in transition?

Precisely. That's why I'm suspicious of the attempt to turn it into something racial.

Back