Israel admits to being a nuclear power.

Umm, I think there is. They thought he was the one that had come to deliver them from the Romans. but he had a more subtle path in mind.

He didn't set up the type of kingdom they perceived He would set up. Preconceived notions always get in the way of what is happening.

i think you've watched too many hollywood 'docudramas' on the subject. as i recall, there is no mention of that anywhere in the new testament. the leadership claimed that Jesus said he was the king of the jews, not that the masses wanted him to be.

I've not watched any docu-dramas on the subject. I did watch Peter Jennings' documentary thing, but that was so I could have ammunition to use against....well, whoever. I still maintain that He didn't set up the type of kingdom they perceived He would set up and that is why the Jews rejected Him.

I've not watched any docu-dramas on the subject. I did watch Peter Jennings' documentary thing, but that was so I could have ammunition to use against....well, whoever. I still maintain that He didn't set up the type of kingdom they perceived He would set up and that is why the Jews rejected Him.

Imho, Jesus was rejected/killed because of the threat he presented to to the established Jewish church.

Yes uscitizen, I think He was killed because of that threat but I think His initial rejection as the Christ was because they were looking for an "earthly" kingdom, not what he established.

Imho, Jesus was rejected/killed because of the threat he presented to to the established Jewish church.

that would be the biblically supported view. there is nothig in the bible supporting the opinion that jesus' followers were expecting him to be king of an 'earthly' kingdom.

Yes uscitizen, I think He was killed because of that threat but I think His initial rejection as the Christ was because they were looking for an "earthly" kingdom, not what he established.
Agreed, he was not at all what the Jewish people expected him to be.

jesus had wide support from the common people for a while, but then many dropped off becsuae they did not understand his message. the only ones concerned about his status at the ned were the leaders, who had him killed; not so much worry about his kingdom, but just that they were worried about how his views of them affected the masses. he showed everyone the negative side of the leadership, and they really weren't too happy about that.

He also offered the people a way to heaven that bypassed the priests and such, cutting into their cash flow.

Back