It gets 65 MPG, it's a Ford, only Europe will be able to buy it...

Hmm the weak dollar and high diesel taxes ? It is not all taxes, I get notax diesel for my farm and it is still much higher than gasoline.

I drive around 25,000 Miles a year.

If I bought a Prius I would be buying 500 gallons a year.
If I bought this car I would be buying 385 gallons a year.

Savings = $419.75 a year.
It would take 3 years before I made up the difference.
It's not going to sell all that great if the only thing it has over the Prius is 15 MPG. But at least they are moving in the right direction and hopefully can have a car to compete with the Prius in the states soon.

I drive around 25,000 Miles a year.

If I bought a Prius I would be buying 500 gallons a year.
If I bought this car I would be buying 385 gallons a year.

Savings = $419.75 a year.
It would take 3 years before I made up the difference.
It's not going to sell all that great if the only thing it has over the Prius is 15 MPG. But at least they are moving in the right direction and hopefully can have a car to compete with the Prius in the states soon.
Figure it for 40K miles a year... it would take about a year and 8 months or so for me to make up the difference.

Is that city or highway mileage ?

Prius gets 50 MPG ? Ain't seen that yet.

seems to get under 40 mpg on the interstate.

Last edited:
This is classic comedy from a GED equivalent as to why college helps in everyday life. THANS US:clink:

Hey I enjoyed it when kilometers started showing up on US cars during the 55 mph restriction. It felt like you were driving fast, going 100 or so and not getting a ticket.

I percieve you have a ged and are uneducated, so does the market and people with IQ's above room temperature.
Nice european mile = kilometer by the way

Is that city or highway mileage ?

Prius gets 50 MPG ? Ain't seen that yet.

seems to get under 40 mpg on the interstate.
I've averaged 48 MPG, that's average folks, in my Honda Civic Hybrid. I put 10 gallons in, I get 480 miles (a little more actually). You need to drive it nicer than you have been doing.

I've averaged 48 MPG, that's average folks, in my Honda Civic Hybrid. I put 10 gallons in, I get 480 miles (a little more actually). You need to drive it nicer than you have been doing.

Stop and go is the differentiating factor. How much stop and go do you do ?
Hydrids do much better with more stop and go.

Back