It gets 65 MPG, it's a Ford, only Europe will be able to buy it...

Stop and go is the differentiating factor. How much stop and go do you do ?
Hydrids do much better with more stop and go.
Almost none. I live in the middle of nowhere, I hit about three stops before I hit highway and it's all highway after that.

You get better mileage on the highway than in stop and go even with a hybrid. While the largest difference in increase from hybrid to a regular vehicle is in the stop and go, the hybrid gets better mileage on the highway than in city driving.

Umm most hybrids seem to use the electric drive motor for dynamic braking to recharge the battery. That combined with the slower speeds associated with in town driving boosts the mileage. You are getting great mileage on your hybrid, I need to check into the Honda.

Umm most hybrids seem to use the electric drive motor for dynamic braking to recharge the battery. That combined with the slower speeds associated with in town driving boosts the mileage. You are getting great mileage on your hybrid, I need to check into the Honda.
Again, even with that boost, you still get greater mileage on the highway.

Notice as they sell the vehicle, City driving is supposed to average 40 MPG, while Highway is supposed to average 45.

You can note that the difference in the hybrid between regular and hybrid on the highway isn't as much, but it is clear that they still average higher on the highway.

It also will charge the battery as you go downhill on a highway.

Again, even with that boost, you still get greater mileage on the highway.

Notice as they sell the vehicle, City driving is supposed to average 40 MPG, while Highway is supposed to average 45.

You can note that the difference in the hybrid between regular and hybrid on the highway isn't as much, but it is clear that they still average higher on the highway.

It also will charge the battery as you go downhill on a highway.

In the little ones yes. The smaller engine is the main reason. Actually they have greater drive train losses running on gas than a traditional auto.
I think the cadialac SUV hybrid is an exception though, notice they only advertise the city mileage on the commercials. Need to follow up on that though. Too many things to check and not enough time.

Back