It is over Gerbils market is zooming up

I just bought into Vanguard 500 Index Fund (VFINX).

Am I making a mistake? It seems pretty low right now. I bought into it about a year ago when it was like 40 higher and then had to sell for a loss. I just don't see how it can possibly get worse than this.

I was actually planning on buying one of those. That's what I've been saving up for - the 3000 dollar minimum. Unless the world ends you are pretty much guaranteed to have a huge amount of money by the time you're sixty if you invest in that thing.

Or, at least that's what I've heard.

I was actually planning on buying one of those. That's what I've been saving up for - the 3000 dollar minimum. Unless the world ends you are pretty much guaranteed to have a huge amount of money by the time you're sixty if you invest in that thing.

Don't sell it quickly though. I was as retarded as you could possibly be with mine.

I threw in $6000 last November, freaked out when the market started dropping in April and sold out for a $750 loss.

Now I've bought in again at $4000 and I'm just going to leave it no matter what happens.

Go to buyandhold.com, set up an account, the minimum purchase is $20, buy SPY, hold it. It does the same thing as the vanguard fund, it even has the same small overhead cost.

Don't sell it quickly though. I was as retarded as you could possibly be with mine.

I threw in $6000 last November, freaked out when the market started dropping in April and sold out for a $750 loss.

Now I've bought in again at $4000 and I'm just going to leave it no matter what happens.
Definitely, index funds are not short investments.

Did you guys see WaMu this morning!?!?!? It's a beautiful day!

I'm wondering if I should hold long and try to quadruple my investment or just take double.

Back