It is that time of year again....

I have been a drinker for almost 50 years. Yesterday, at the Kroger bar, I actually heard someone order a pumpkin beer. Damn, people really drink that stuff?

I have been a drinker for almost 50 years. Yesterday, at the Kroger bar, I actually heard someone order a pumpkin beer. Damn, people really drink that stuff?
There are some pumpkin beers that are quite delicious, Alaska Brewing Co makes one that is quite tasty. It’s very subtle.

Your Kroger store has a bar? Of course the one in college had a sushi bar in the middle of it. I was never brave enough to eat kroger sushi.

Yes, my wife has always wanted me to go grocery shopping with her for the last 30 years. I always try to find something else to do. When we moved out here (Dayton) she started coming home from the grocery store talking about a craft beer bar at Kroger. I believed not a word. Finally, I gave in and went shopping with her one day I could not think of an excuse quick enough. She took me directly to the bar to await her return. OMG, there was a beer bar in Kroger, full size beer, very good prices, no tipping...I regularly go shopping with my wife now days.
Your Kroger store has a bar? Of course the one in college had a sushi bar in the middle of it. I was never brave enough to eat kroger sushi.

Yes, my wife has always wanted me to go grocery shopping with her for the last 30 years. I always try to find something else to do. When we moved out here (Dayton) she started coming home from the grocery store talking about a craft beer bar at Kroger. I believed not a word. Finally, I gave in and went shopping with her one day I could not think of an excuse quick enough. She took me directly to the bar to await her return. OMG, there was a beer bar in Kroger, full size beer, very good prices, no tipping...I regularly go shopping with my wife now days.

Jelly. They shut all our krogers down when they unionized.

You poor bastard. How did you get stuck in Dayton...the Capital of Kentucky?

summer isn't even over god damnit.

september is the most underrated month.

Listen to fucking leasure suit Larry. September is the absolute worst fucking month. It’s the end of the fiscal year when salesmen and managers lose their shit and make everyone’s life miserable.

The Kroger’s here in Ohio are union.

They are in a lot of places, but once they unionized, Kroger consolidated several stores into one, and when that store's lease was up they closed it as well due to "lack of profitability". A former assistant manager there now at Food Lion told me it was because of the unionization.

Gack! We went to a fundraiser fall fest a couple of years ago. They had pumpkin beer. Mine got poured down the drain. Nasty stuff!

You’re giving away your age. Bagboys went out in the 90’s. Most of the jobs in a major super market are in warehouseing, logistics and transportation.

We're lucky enough to have several large supermarkets here in this small town. One of them still employs bag boys/girls. They are all special ppl.

Back