It Sucks to be You....

I prefer large climatic changes. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Each season brings something to enjoy.

You are in the ABSOLUTE perfect spot for that kind of weather, and I thought I was too with the heat of yesterday and the day before, but sweet Canada is giving us the cold shoulder, and I'm liking this weather ALOT right now.

My company had one of our bi yearly sales meetings in Colorado Springs every year in June! (the January sales meeting was in Scottsdale, Arizona which had lovely weather that time of year too, imo.)

It was beautiful there in Colorado...come to think of it, the weather was similar to here, with beautiful deep blue skies and luscious greenery, no smog in site, only in the high 70's to low 80's and here so far, with the two day of heat exception, we are in the high 70's on the coast and mid 80's anywhere inland.

"Each season brings something to enjoy"

Frostbite, mosquitos, and enormous utility bills?

Actually, it hasn't been that bad for us... for the year, we may use 450 gallons of oil at about 2.70 a gallon for our winter heat and year round water heating. We don't need AC, at least not yet, and since April/May our electric bill which is our only other energy bill is running about $62-67 dollars a month! We had central air in Massachusetts and paid about $150-$185 a month for our electric there and also had a much higher heating cost with natural gas, (primarily because it was a much bigger house than our cottage is here and this home was built in 2004 with many more energy saving features)

and mosquitos aren't that bad, it's those damn black flies or May flies, or whatever those mutant ninja flies from hell are called, whose bites give you welts the size of oranges and itch for three straight weeks! :shock:

How close are you to the fire? My folks were in (west shore) Tahoe last week and the fire was 10 miles from where they were staying and my mom said you could barely see out across the water. I'm planning on going up for the 4th. I hope they get the fire contained. It is just devestating.

I live across the Valley(Washoe) from Tahoe...about 10 air miles or 30 minutes by car! The one and only 'Virginia City'...lol... It stayed really clear over here...the GD and her Bo took a Bike(street) ride over to check it out...said it was bad! It's been clear and sunny over here in the high seventees and low eightees!

Actually, it hasn't been that bad for us... for the year, we may use 450 gallons of oil at about 2.70 a gallon for our winter heat and year round water heating. We don't need AC, at least not yet, and since April/May our electric bill which is our only other energy bill is running about $62-67 dollars a month! We had central air in Massachusetts and paid about $150-$185 a month for our electric there and also had a much higher heating cost with natural gas, (primarily because it was a much bigger house than our cottage is here and this home was built in 2004 with many more energy saving features)

and mosquitos aren't that bad, it's those damn black flies or May flies, or whatever those mutant ninja flies from hell are called, whose bites give you welts the size of oranges and itch for three straight weeks! :shock:

Sweet news on the utility bill. I always imagined one would never need to run AC on the Maine coast.

On the arthropod front: I don't even think I've seen a mosquito or a horse fly in years. I can't even remember the last time I had a mosquito bite. :cool:

LOL the wife says no way to Tahoe in the winter
So what about a summer home in Tahoe and a winter one in San Diago I may need to work till 60 to accomplish that trick

Sweet news on the utility bill. I always imagined one would never need to run AC on the Maine coast.

On the arthropod front: I don't even think I've seen a mosquito or a horse fly in years. I can't even remember the last time I had a mosquito bite. :cool:

Dont listen to Cypress California is a horrible place to live ,no one likes it.

Stay where you are its much better there.:whome:

LOL the wife says no way to Tahoe in the winter
So what about a summer home in Tahoe and a winter one in San Diago I may need to work till 60 to accomplish that trick

The Monterey area, and the Big Sur coast area is horrible. For sure, you don't want to move here.

Back