its good to know that bush can't say a little something on World AIDS day

no speech, no ribbon ceremony, no wreath laying, not even a statement.....

I remember Clinton who proclaimed world AIDS day always said something about it...

But then again bush is probably drunk on a bender or something talking to the voices in his head.

Clinton just announced a deal with indian drug companies to provide low cost AIDS drugs to children with AIDS.....
Not even president and still doing more than Bush in some areas....

Just stating facts, not a clowntoon apologist or anything like that.
I think all politicos suck, some just suck more than others.

well AIDS has killed more people than the trade centers collapse did... and even 5 years after that we are still having ceremonies.... as we should so to think he's going to say something now is kind of a moot point.

feel free to keep attempting to defend your boozer president.

well AIDS has killed more people than the trade centers collapse did... and even 5 years after that we are still having ceremonies.... as we should so to think he's going to say something now is kind of a moot point.

Whatever. It's today. That he hasn't said anything yet is true. That still doesn't mean that he won't say anything at all. Tomorrow, if he doesn't say anything, I'll happily join in...

Clinton was the best president of my day so far, and he really cares about people.

LMAO!! Clinton is a master at making you THINK he cares! That's what all the wreath laying and lip-biting speeches were about, to make you think he cared, to give you that perception of him, and it worked!

Bush is the first president in history, to federally fund Global AIDS research.

President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR/Emergency Plan) is President Bush's pledge of $15 billion over the next five years (2003-2008) to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic. As the largest international health initiative in history initiated by one nation to address a single disease, the program hopes to reach over 120 countries in the world, providing anti-retroviral treatment (ART) for 2 million, preventing 7 million new infections, and supporting care for 10 million (the "2-7-10 goals").

Whatever. It's today. That he hasn't said anything yet is true. That still doesn't mean that he won't say anything at all. Tomorrow, if he doesn't say anything, I'll happily join in...

your missing my point... for the trade center collapse, there are whole day events devoted to it.. .like bell ringing for everyone who died... granted you couldn't have a bell ringing for AIDS b/c its killed infanently more people than the trade centers collapse did, the bell would be ringing all day long, and it would get annoying and then people might think they would be due in church etc....

the point is that Sept 11th is a very big deal, there are masses all day there are events, there are readings, there are lights that light up and go up to the stars... its a BIG EVENT...

and it appears that World AIDS day, is just another day in America.

Thank god the drunkard gives a shit about helping those with AIDS, huh?

Dixie, he didn't say anything at all today, not even a speech...no events, no bells no lights no nothing.... couldn't even make a statement...

i guess thats some Kompassionate Konservatism for you.

your missing my point... for the trade center collapse, there are whole day events devoted to it.. .like bell ringing for everyone who died... granted you couldn't have a bell ringing for AIDS b/c its killed infanently more people than the trade centers collapse did, the bell would be ringing all day long, and it would get annoying and then people might think they would be due in church etc....

the point is that Sept 11th is a very big deal, there are masses all day there are events, there are readings, there are lights that light up and go up to the stars... its a BIG EVENT...

and it appears that World AIDS day, is just another day in America.
You are missing mine. This issue might be central to you, but it isn't to most in this nation. He has a day to address it, I'll give it to him. You can talk about how he "can't say a little something", then expect a day devoted to walking and talking about this from the President... Even Clintion didn't spend all the day talking only about Aids on the first of December every year. He too realized that this doesn't center the life of most people.

You are missing mine. This issue might be central to you, but it isn't to most in this nation. He has a day to address it, I'll give it to him. You can talk about how he "can't say a little something", then expect a day devoted to walking and talking about this from the President... Even Clintion didn't spend all the day talking only about Aids on the first of December every year. He too realized that this doesn't center the life of most people.

Most people weren't directly affected by 9/11 but its still a big deal.

Maybe the silence by Clinton and Bush are spreading the disease, as there are more people becoming infected... Maybe they need to have all day events to get the message out better...

Dixie, he didn't say anything at all today, not even a speech...no events, no bells no lights no nothing.... couldn't even make a statement...

i guess thats some Kompassionate Konservatism for you.

Well, I don't know Rob, AIDS is not a big issue for me, I don't know anyone who has it, and it doesn't effect my daily life as much as it obviously effects you... but just my general common sense tells me, it's vastly better for Bush to pledge $15 billion to something, than to make a fucking speech!

Most people weren't directly affected by 9/11 but its still a big deal.

Maybe the silence by Clinton and Bush are spreading the disease, as there are more people becoming infected... Maybe they need to have all day events to get the message out better...
Most in this nation were directly affected by 9/11. That is why it is a big deal.

Most in this nation were directly affected by 9/11. That is why it is a big deal.

No, they weren't... Did you lose a familymember or a friend in 9/11??

Most people were not directly affected by 9/11. Sure it was horrible, and I cried myself, but I wasn't PERSONALLY affected...

More people die by aids than did on 9/11 but since America deems them expendible lives (ie drug users iv users, and fags) somehow its not that important.

Our total troop deaths in iraq are getting closer to the 911 death totals ...

Now the Iraq mess does effect pretty much all of us. I think most of us at least know someone in combat over there. I knew no one at all who died in 911.

No, they weren't... Did you lose a familymember or a friend in 9/11??

Most people were not directly affected by 9/11. Sure it was horrible, and I cried myself, but I wasn't PERSONALLY affected...

More people die by aids than did on 9/11 but since America deems them expendible lives (ie drug users iv users, and fags) somehow its not that important.
Yes, I had friends in the building. However, that is not how we were all effected. Each person felt a personal feeling regardless of knowing people in the building. As we watched the building fall there was an effect on each of us in a personal way.

Luckily my friends got out and had the amazing care to actually e-mail me that they were okay on that day. The company I worked for lost a ton of equipment that was in the building.

im glad your friend was ok, equipment can be replaced...

well its almost noon, where's the statement, maybe tony snow will give on at midnight when im asleep.

Back