its good to know that bush can't say a little something on World AIDS day

Rob, I am going to repost this, because you haven't addressed it...

Bush is the first president in history, to federally fund Global AIDS research.

President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR/Emergency Plan) is President Bush's pledge of $15 billion over the next five years (2003-2008) to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic. As the largest international health initiative in history initiated by one nation to address a single disease, the program hopes to reach over 120 countries in the world, providing anti-retroviral treatment (ART) for 2 million, preventing 7 million new infections, and supporting care for 10 million (the "2-7-10 goals").

==================================

Now, maybe us right wing hollyroller cons, should lobby Bush to rescind the $15 billion, which could be spent in a variety of ways, for things people would appreciate and recognize. After all, if Bush is going to be castigated and raked over the coals for his lack of compassion, might as well make the claim legitimate, and save ourselves $15 billion! I mean, if you intend to bitch either way? ...And hey, we can just have Bush make a speech and lay a wreath once a year, that is far less expensive than funding research!

Thanks for clarifying what Bush has to do, to get your recognition! We foolishly thought that his $15 billion funding of global assistance, was enough to be given credit for, but it's good to know, he just needed to make a speech and pretend he cared, like Clinton did.

Anyway, Bush has done something on this day every year. I think it is likely he will continue that pattern. I even posted a link to what he did last year. So, as I said before, before I judge him as not done anything, I'll at least give him the day to do something....

I know of noone who died on 9-11.

I lost a good childhood friend to AIDS. The poor kid was a hemopholic and contracted AIDS in the 80's from a blood transfusion. He lived with the disease in secret till he died in 1992. I considered myself a good friend and he never shared it with me. I knew his mother was VERY overprotective and his family seemed strange, I finally found out why when he died.

Rob, I am going to repost this, because you haven't addressed it...

Bush is the first president in history, to federally fund Global AIDS research.

President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR/Emergency Plan) is President Bush's pledge of $15 billion over the next five years (2003-2008) to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic. As the largest international health initiative in history initiated by one nation to address a single disease, the program hopes to reach over 120 countries in the world, providing anti-retroviral treatment (ART) for 2 million, preventing 7 million new infections, and supporting care for 10 million (the "2-7-10 goals").

==================================

Now, maybe us right wing hollyroller cons, should lobby Bush to rescind the $15 billion, which could be spent in a variety of ways, for things people would appreciate and recognize. After all, if Bush is going to be castigated and raked over the coals for his lack of compassion, might as well make the claim legitimate, and save ourselves $15 billion! I mean, if you intend to bitch either way? ...And hey, we can just have Bush make a speech and lay a wreath once a year, that is far less expensive than funding research!

Thanks for clarifying what Bush has to do, to get your recognition! We foolishly thought that his $15 billion funding of global assistance, was enough to be given credit for, but it's good to know, he just needed to make a speech and pretend he cared, like Clinton did.

Woah, Dixie you might have just owned me... fair points.... give yourself a pat on the back...

How much has Bush spent avenging 9-11...

What difference does it make? The discussion is about AIDS, not 9/11. And Bush has only spent the amount Congress appropriated, per the Constitution.

See... the thing is, you can't stay on topic here, because as Rob admits, I own you on this one. So, instead of admitting you are owned, you have to change the subject, make this about 9/11, and eventually start lobbing shit bombs about Iraq. I'm used to it! It's virtually all you morons know how to do anymore.

What difference does it make? The discussion is about AIDS, not 9/11. And Bush has only spent the amount Congress appropriated, per the Constitution.

See... the thing is, you can't stay on topic here, because as Rob admits, I own you on this one. So, instead of admitting you are owned, you have to change the subject, make this about 9/11, and eventually start lobbing shit bombs about Iraq. I'm used to it! It's virtually all you morons know how to do anymore.

1) I never said anything about Bush not funding or respecting AIDS, so no you dont own me on anything, you fucking idiot!

2) I was merely making a comparison, I personally belive that in the 1980's had we reacted to AIDS with the same kind of funding we reacted to 9-11 with we would no longer have AIDS. (We are clearly still going to have Fundamentalist Extreemist religous whackos trying to blow us up)

They both affect minorities disproportanty. It was rich folk who died in the World Trade Center.

Back