I've become a Columbo junkie

anonymoose

Classical Liberal
I went from watching one episode a day , it progressed to two and last night I watched three until 2:00 a.m. on Peacock.
I need rehab.
And I was someone who didn't watch TV. This is like a teetotaler turning into a Heroin addict.
Gotta go now. Need my Columbo fix.

I've watched a few of them all just over the past couple of years or so.

Never was a big fan.

I much prefer The Rockford Files.

If you've never watched it, check it out.

Much more "regular guy" kind of character.

Lives in a trailer parked on a parking lot at Malibu Beach.

Goes fishing with his retired trucker dad.

Great detective show that still holds up after all these years.

I went from watching one episode a day , it progressed to two and last night I watched three until 2:00 a.m. on Peacock.
I need rehab.
And I was someone who didn't watch TV. This is like a teetotaler turning into a Heroin addict.
LOL. It's a fun series. I watched the entire series about a year ago on IMDB. They also have McCloud, but I haven't watched any yet.

If you're online while watching it, look up prices using an inflation calculator. Tech prices have come down, food are about the same.

Never was a big fan.

Great series, but I haven't seen it replaying anywhere.

I need rehab.

Oh, just one more thing...

I used to occasionally watch The Dukes Of Hazzard (Daisy was HOT!) but I think liberals outlawed the Charger

1969-dodge-charger-034general-lee034-dukes-of-hazzard-13.JPG

I need rehab.

I liked them, too. I watched almost all of them at least twice or so. which is too bad, because now i have run out of new ones to watch.

It’s up there with “Murder She Wrote”. Boomer TV. I use both shows to fall asleep by when I can’t sleep.

i like perry mason to go to sleep to. no shooting. no shouting. everybody has a real soothing deep voice, even Della. I hardly ever make it thru a complete episode before drifting off.

i like perry mason to go to sleep to. no shooting. no shouting. everybody has a real soothing deep voice, even Della. I hardly ever make it thru a complete episode before drifting off.
I’ll have to try Perry, it’s been a long time...

I’ve been overdosing on cheesy Christmas movies. Two jewels I found “Bad Mom’s Christmas” and “Holidate” they won’t put you to sleep, they are hilarious

I’ll have to try Perry, it’s been a long time...

I’ve been overdosing on cheesy Christmas movies. Two jewels I found “Bad Mom’s Christmas” and “Holidate” they won’t put you to sleep, they are hilarious

same plot...small town girl moves to big city, gets fame, comes back to visit family for X-Mas, hooks up with old boyfriend with simple hometown values, falls in love, gives up job, becomes happy homemaker and finds God.

Never was a big fan.

rockford files was a great show. but similar to columbo in that it was basically the same show all the time, with little plot changes...if you liked rockford, you liked the show. if you like peter falk, you liked columbo. but that is true with most shows...after about 3 years, they are basically all repeats. i have found another show that is damn good, well written and acted- Murdoch Mysteries. made in Canada, about a detective in Canada around 1900....worth checking out.

rockford files was a great show. but similar to columbo in that it was basically the same show all the time, with little plot changes...if you liked rockford, you liked the show. if you like peter falk, you liked columbo. but that is true with most shows...after about 3 years, they are basically all repeats. i have found another show that is damn good, well written and acted- Murdoch Mysteries. made in Canada, about a detective in Canada around 1900....worth checking out.

I disagree about The Rockford Files being the same show with little in the way about plot changes. I don't understand how you arrived at that conclusion.

To me, the most obvious difference between Rockford and Columbo was that Rockford was a down home, blue collar, working class, regular guy who lived in a dirty looking trailer on the beach, and most of the time was involved in cases that also involved more blue collar, street type people. Columbo tended to work cases that involved more well-heeled, upper class and wealthy people.

I used to watch Murdock Mysteries back in the early 2,000's when it was still only shown on a local public broadcasting station. I watched it for a couple of seasons then got kinda bored with it.

If you like detective shows, check out some of the Brit shows.

I used to love this one called "New Tricks" about three retired Scotland Yard detectives who were recruited to come back and work unsolved cases. Their boss was a younger woman who had to deal with their various personality quirks. Good show with a humorous edge to it as well.

Another one you might like is called "Dalziel and Pascoe".

Dalzielandpascoe.jpg

I think my favorite of them all was a series called "Inspector George Gently" that took place starting out in the early 1960's and progressed through the entire decade as the series progressed.

s-l640.jpg

I disagree about The Rockford Files being the same show with little in the way about plot changes. I don't understand how you arrived at that conclusion.

To me, the most obvious difference between Rockford and Columbo was that Rockford was a down home, blue collar, working class, regular guy who lived in a dirty looking trailer on the beach, and most of the time was involved in cases that also involved more blue collar, street type people. Columbo tended to work cases that involved more well-heeled, upper class and wealthy people.

I used to watch Murdock Mysteries back in the early 2,000's when it was still only shown on a local public broadcasting station. I watched it for a couple of seasons then got kinda bored with it.

If you like detective shows, check out some of the Brit shows.

I used to love this one called "New Tricks" about three retired Scotland Yard detectives who were recruited to come back and work unsolved cases. Their boss was a younger woman who had to deal with their various personality quirks. Good show with a humorous edge to it as well.

Another one you might like is called "Dalziel and Pascoe".

Dalzielandpascoe.jpg

I think my favorite of them all was a series called "Inspector George Gently" that took place starting out in the early 1960's and progressed through the entire decade as the series progressed.

s-l640.jpg

different strokes. some rockford files were excellent, the one with james woods, the funny one with selleck as P.I. Lance White, many more...but a lot of the columbo's were great....i think what i like about the murdoch mysteries the most is how interesting the various characters are, from the detective to the inspector to george crabtree, to murdoch's wife and the coroner crabtree loved and lost. i am watching them in chronological order and am now into the 8th season....not all of them are jewels, but at least half are as good as any rockford file show or columbo.

different strokes. some rockford files were excellent, the one with james woods, the funny one with selleck as P.I. Lance White, many more...but a lot of the columbo's were great....i think what i like about the murdoch mysteries the most is how interesting the various characters are, from the detective to the inspector to george crabtree, to murdoch's wife and the coroner crabtree loved and lost. i am watching them in chronological order and am now into the 8th season....not all of them are jewels, but at least half are as good as any rockford file show or columbo.

I enjoyed Murdoch Mysteries while I was watching it.

For some reason, once it became available on network TV, I lost interest in it. I probably saw the first two or three seasons.

Check out those Brit cop shows I posted about.

Another great one is "Prime Suspect" starring Helen Mirren.

71ugnE1RYDL._SY679_.jpg

I think they are all available to stream on either BritBox or Acorn TV.

Back