I've become a Columbo junkie

I disagree about The Rockford Files being the same show with little in the way about plot changes. I don't understand how you arrived at that conclusion.

To me, the most obvious difference between Rockford and Columbo was that Rockford was a down home, blue collar, working class, regular guy who lived in a dirty looking trailer on the beach, and most of the time was involved in cases that also involved more blue collar, street type people. Columbo tended to work cases that involved more well-heeled, upper class and wealthy people.

I used to watch Murdock Mysteries back in the early 2,000's when it was still only shown on a local public broadcasting station. I watched it for a couple of seasons then got kinda bored with it.

If you like detective shows, check out some of the Brit shows.

I used to love this one called "New Tricks" about three retired Scotland Yard detectives who were recruited to come back and work unsolved cases. Their boss was a younger woman who had to deal with their various personality quirks. Good show with a humorous edge to it as well.

Another one you might like is called "Dalziel and Pascoe".

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Dalzielandpascoe.jpg

I think my favorite of them all was a series called "Inspector George Gently" that took place starting out in the early 1960's and progressed through the entire decade as the series progressed.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HMQAAOSw7rReQgIM/s-l640.jpg

I'm giving partly into the second season of McCloud but will be skipping anything rated less than 7.3, maybe 7.1. Mostly too dated. The third season is well rated. I'm watching 2.4 and will skip to 3.1 after it's over.

Also enjoying New Tricks. Currently 3.2 there.

I'm giving partly into the second season of McCloud but will be skipping anything rated less than 7.3, maybe 7.1. Mostly too dated. The third season is well rated. I'm watching 2.4 and will skip to 3.1 after it's over.

Also enjoying New Tricks. Currently 3.2 there.

Had you seen New Tricks prior to me recommending it or did you check it out after I posted about it?

Where are you watching it.... BritBox? Acorn?

Had you seen New Tricks prior to me recommending it or did you check it out after I posted about it?

Where are you watching it.... BritBox? Acorn?

After you posted it.

Prime. I'm watching McCloud (and previously Columbo) through Prime on IMDB (free but with commercials. Not many). I may end up giving up on McCloud as too dated. The best part is watching a lot of actresses when they were first starting out. Sometimes with bit parts.

Columbo was a bit dated, but still fun to watch again.

Back