Jade's daily trivia. Subject: Cars. Difficulty: Easy.

I thought this was a subject some would jump on. Guess it's all Kavanaugh, for now. I guess there's no point doing a daily one. Did get one participant though.

Maybe this one was just harder then I thought, or not descriptive enough. Not sure if I've ever heard a Japanese cars horn though. All I can really say about the car, is to make sure you don't buy Acme brand, after market stuff. :thinking:

OK it's getting late on the second day, and I think this was a bust. Last ditch effort with a photo.

hqdefault.jpg

I have to admit ... I would not have got that. :(

Maybe I'm more into Cars then I thought. For some reason I thought that would be an easy one. So easy that I restricted the question a bit, thinking it would make it too easy. I don't do much with cars since I don't drive, but I've watched a restoration show called Counting Cars, on History Channel often enough.

Maybe I'm more into Cars then I thought. For some reason I thought that would be an easy one. So easy that I restricted the question a bit, thinking it would make it too easy. I don't do much with cars since I don't drive, but I've watched a restoration show called Counting Cars, on History Channel often enough.

I'm disappointed with myself- I should have gotten that. Good trivia question. :good4u:

My first car was a 1940 Studebaker, it was in pretty bad shape, got it for $50 bucks, but at least it ran for a few years. After High School, bought a 1969 Volkswagen, perfect for Jack. Maybe your question was too hard? I tried thinking about some European car, but had no idea what the horn sounded like. Then I went for the 'TV Cars', like that old car on the "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". Still drew a blank.
Is there a 'Consolation' prize or 'Participation' prize ... or something?

Maybe this one was just harder then I thought, or not descriptive enough. Not sure if I've ever heard a Japanese cars horn though. All I can really say about the car, is to make sure you don't buy Acme brand, after market stuff. :thinking:

It was too easy.
Maybe someone here can tell us where and who invented the Hemispherical head? (It wasn't Chrysler)
Better yet, what was it's first use in the U.S.?

Dodge is a subsidiary of Chrysler.
Hint: Chrysler merely trademarked the name "HEMI." They had nothing to do with it's design.

You're the 'Car Guy', I just tossed out a guess. (I did own a 1954 Dodge Panel Truck with a flat 6 that took me to Washington, DC in 1976 though)

Back