jesus was not born on christmas....

I was also told that Dec 25 was the birthday of christ and no one told me any different in the church I grew up in.
Hmmm... Dr. Hooley, the Pastor of the Pentecostal Church that I grew up in, most definitely would teach on such subjects. He had a PhD in religious studies and we learned a ton from the dude. Even atheistic children, like myself.

Ohh you had a real educated preacher. The Assemblies of God church I grew up in believed in god ordaining a preacher not man ;)

Ohh you had a real educated preacher. The Assemblies of God church I grew up in believed in god ordaining a preacher not man ;)
So did the Pentecostal Church that I grew up in. This guy just continued in studies while the church grew. We started going when he had maybe 300 people in a congregation. When I left for the military there were over 10,000.

And the latest pastor at the Church I used to attend was a big executive for a tobacco company. But then he devleoped health problems and thought he might die so the got religion , just in case ?

everyone seems to have had some enlightening moment that changed their way of thinking concerning their version of religion. Do you know of any others that had the same enlightenment, from that time? Or did you go your way on your own? Was there something that made you open your eyes and see things differently?

I ask because I will hijack the thread shortly.

Back