Jobs report

No no, you just referred to Obama's tax increases and as far as I knew taxes are no higher now than they were when Reagan was president. Hell, you know I don't like the tax code. I want a flat tax.

Essentially you are asking how can tax increases today hurt the economy if overall taxes are lower than they were in the '80's?

Tell us then Dung... who pays for the excess borrowing you want to do today? You never answer that.

What happens in 10/20 years when the bonds come due?

Why do you avoid that?

Is that a joke? The borrowing is meant to get the economy to a position in which we'll be able to safely pay our debts.

that you are truly delusional... so yes, you should be worried. You think Desh is getting 'bullied', while ignoring her non stop hostility. You just focus on what she receives in return for that hostility. You then pretend you are sane... which is truly comical.

I'm not pretending, I'm unsure. That's why I asked for DH's take. I have a big event to go to tonight and I have to leave for hair and makeup soon. I can't say what because I don't want to give away my age...did you know that someone last week wouldn't believe my age at all? And I know what you're thinking superfreak, you're thinking, oh yeah some guy trying to get in her pants and she believes him. But that's not it, that's not it at all. I seem to look not ten years younger than I am, but even more than ten years younger. I just hope I don't get cancer or something, you know, at least not until my looks wear off naturally.

Anyway, I have to go, and actually I forgot my whole point. I will check back tomorrow to see if DH, and only DH, has a response to the question that I asked DH. Have a good night Superfreak!

I'm not pretending, I'm unsure. That's why I asked for DH's take. I have a big event to go to tonight and I have to leave for hair and makeup soon. I can't say what because I don't want to give away my age...did you know that someone last week wouldn't believe my age at all? And I know what you're thinking superfreak, you're thinking, oh yeah some guy trying to get in her pants and she believes him. But that's not it, that's not it at all. I seem to look not ten years younger than I am, but even more than ten years younger. I just hope I don't get cancer or something, you know, at least not until my looks wear off naturally.

Anyway, I have to go, and actually I forgot my whole point. I will check back tomorrow to see if DH, and only DH, has a response to the question that I asked DH. Have a good night Superfreak!

Cancer doesn't steal all your looks, lol ;)

LMAO... um ok... delusional seems to work for you... stick with it.

I would have no problem with that if I felt the short term struggle would lead to stronger and more sustainable growth in the future. Instead we are on this meddling economic path with slight but insufficient growth and weak signs that higher growth is around the corner. On top of that we still have exploding debt.

We also have to deal with the fact that companies are finding us less and less attractive. What about our recent insights into the power of our government? We could also point to media and government's criminalization of dissent. Or the growing inaccessibility of education.

It's time to start considering alternatives, is it not?

We also have to deal with the fact that companies are finding us less and less attractive. What about our recent insights into the power of our government? We could also point to media and government's criminalization of dissent. Or the growing inaccessibility of education.

It's time to start considering alternatives, is it not?

I completely agree with you regarding our government having too much power. To me just look at our tax code. Doesn't matter the party of the individual those in office give tax breaks to their favored industries in order to garner favor and increase their power. Make it a flat tax where politicians can't play games to their benefit. Just one example of many obviously.

Does that make it any more okay to do it now?

My point is that relying on future Congress's to reduce debt is a bad idea. We should tighten our belts and pay for what we use NOW. Infrastructure is the only area that we should borrow for today at low rates to pay for over time as current and future generations benefit from it and pay the costs.

The concept of borrowing more money to make us more solvent to pay our debts is nonsensical. It doesn't work. We have fifty years of showing us this, yet we keep doing it while expecting different results.

Sf I blame you for this.

You blame me for what? Your ignorance? Your hate? Your callousness? You have so many problems, it is hard to keep track of what you blame me for. Your lack of personal responsibility tends to cause you to blame your problems on others.

Is that a joke? The borrowing is meant to get the economy to a position in which we'll be able to safely pay our debts.

You really need to read Keynes again, politicians only take the bit that they like, namely deficit spending. They don't like where he says that it should be paid back when the economy picks up again.

My point is that relying on future Congress's to reduce debt is a bad idea. We should tighten our belts and pay for what we use NOW. Infrastructure is the only area that we should borrow for today at low rates to pay for over time as current and future generations benefit from it and pay the costs.

The concept of borrowing more money to make us more solvent to pay our debts is nonsensical. It doesn't work. We have fifty years of showing us this, yet we keep doing it while expecting different results.

Exactly. We spend money today but our government has shown it is incapable of paying for it later. So I'd rather our government be forced to be fiscally responsible and wait for market forces to lead to prosperity.

Back