JOe Scarborough Predicts 6 New Democratic Senators; Pat Buchanan Agrees

Prakosh

That's right righties; your fellow righties are now projecting a 6 Seat change in the Senate. And the House anywhere from 20-40 Seats. War on terror is equal to health care in the rankings of issues. Looks like people are listening to Bush: "I don't know where [bin Laden] is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him." Well, Bush can be glad of onething, at least one of his messages got throught. Way to go George!!!!!!!

The four and the two southern except for Tennessee, so Virginia and Missouri they feel are going for the Dems as well as Montana, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania and Ohio...

Pat and Joe are GOP partisans who have a vested interest in moving the goal posts, and setting the expectations bar higher for democrats.

When democrats win four or five seats (which I think is more likely), Pat and Joe can crow that bush was "victorious" for holding the senate.

Well, I could probably accept this analysis if I didn't already believe and if I had not already posted 2 days ago that the Dems were going to do even better than that. I do think that the wave is breaking for the Democrats, but I have been wrong before. However the dissatisfaction is growing not lessening. The New York Times actually had a picture of a wounded and bloody Marine on the front page in full color. The first time that has happened during this whole war. I think things are changing.

Well, I could probably accept this analysis if I didn't already believe and if I had not already posted 2 days ago that the Dems were going to do even better than that. I do think that the wave is breaking for the Democrats, but I have been wrong before. However the dissatisfaction is growing not lessening. The New York Times actually had a picture of a wounded and bloody Marine on the front page in full color. The first time that has happened during this whole war. I think things are changing.

I think the Dems will win between 3-5 senate seats.

I hope I'm wrong, and that its more.

Both The Washington Post and The New York Times are highly optimistic. We'll see. I think the nation wants a change. But there is still one very troubling poll number out there in all the general disgruntlement with Congress 56% in a Washington Post Poll still think their own Congressman is doing a good job. But who knows how that translates into votes.

In every election in the last 100 years when the House has changed hands the Senate has also changed hands. If the House changes hands and the Senate doesn't it will truly be historic. But I am worried Rhode Island has tightened up and Chafee is making a surprising resurgence.

What's surprising is that no one thought the dems could take the Senate until very, very recently. Now all of a sudden, a few races are tightening up (which they traditionally do) and the story is "are the dems going to blow it" which is how I saw it presented by several repugs on television today. I mean, not very long ago the idea that George Allen could go down was absurd. He was the Christian right's defacto 08 nominee for President. So let's not let them get away with this revisionist history which they write so fast, sometimes we fail to catch it.

A lot of this punditry is bs anyway. For months I've been hearing that the Repugs have a decent shot at a surprise pick up in Jersey. And while Corzine blew it with his pick of Menendez, I never sweated that seat. I said from day one, there is no way New Jersey when it comes down to it, sends a repug to Washington in this climate. So you really have to take some of this punditry with a real grain of salt. I don't think anyone knows how the Senate is going to play out, and I don't think anyone ever did know.

The House was always easier to call.

I still dont think the Democrats can take the sennate, but I could be wrong.

I still dont think the Democrats can take the sennate, but I could be wrong.

I want the Senate so much more than I want the House, because of the judiciary. So I know that I can't tell, because my feelings are too colored by what I want. If I look at the polls and say, nah the dems can't pull it out, I don't know if that's really true, or if it's just me not wanting to get my hopes up and then be disappointed. If I look at the polls and say, yeah they can pull it out, it might just be me engaging in wishful thinking. So I never made any predictions about the Senate, except for a couple of individual races. I always felt we had Jersey no matter what the early polls said, and you'd have to be living in a pretty large state of denial to ever have believed that Santorium was going to keep his seat in PA.

That's true, he's not. I don't like his politics at all but he's no neo-con. In fact, they probably dislike him as much as they would dislike me -- if I amounted to anything, politically.

Ornot, you're from San Fransissyco. You do amount to something politically, and you're the biggest boogyman the repugs have going right now. If your girl Pelosi takes over, we're all going to be having gay sex!

I'm kind of looking forward to it myself, I figure it's time for a change. I just hope you freaks don't actually outlaw heterosexual sex, because I feel that, though the penis is overrated in its alleged thought process, I would miss it after a while.

Ornot, you're from San Fransissyco. You do amount to something politically, and you're the biggest boogyman the repugs have going right now. If your girl Pelosi takes over, we're all going to be having gay sex!

I'm kind of looking forward to it myself, I figure it's time for a change. I just hope you freaks don't actually outlaw heterosexual sex, because I feel that, though the penis is overrated in its alleged thought process, I would miss it after a while.
Oh, hetero sex is going to be a felony by the middle of the century. Count on it. You'll have to get a permit for a kid and it'll be gestated in a professional womb-mother -- most of them Mormons.

So, you fancy an Angelina Jolie type or are you more of a Salma Hayek sort of girl?

Back