Joran van der Sloot Arrested..

ZOMG?!

A pretty white (not so) innocent girl went missing? Let's all drop everything we're doing and nuke Aruba!

Nothing pisses me off more than her bitch of a mother.

do you hate your mother?This is a freudian slip for sure!

She gets treated like a queen from the media because her daughter is white and pretty, and then she has the gall to insult an entire nation because she doesn't like the way it's proceeding with its investigation. For Christ sake, does she think THAT much of herself?

I have to admit to having seen this story on Fox a few times and wondering...WTF? People get abducted and murdered every day. I thought this story would get about three or four days on the news and then it would be dumped. Very strange.

I have to admit to having seen this story on Fox a few times and wondering...WTF? People get abducted and murdered every day. I thought this story would get about three or four days on the news and then it would be dumped. Very strange.

It's one of those outrage cases. If I had gone missing (young whit male) and had been murdered people wouldn't spend more than a few days on me. If a black girl had gone missing no one would care. Natalie Holloway, however, she's something special, our of all the hundreds of cases that happened in that period of time.

I saw it first on CNN. They didn't have a story though, just a headline. It was also the lead on MSNBC. Don't be such a tool.

I just know this summer, when I had 'lots of time' this story boggled my mind. We have a Southern girl heading for the islands. She gets way more then snookered. Her friends agree with that.

Something happens. Well it's a common enough occurence, but for some reason it caught the media attention. I'm way beyond sick of it. I'm not saying I haven't compassion for the family, but the media, particularly FOX is way over the top.

I just know this summer, when I had 'lots of time' this story boggled my mind. We have a Southern girl heading for the islands. She gets way more then snookered. Her friends agree with that.

Something happens. Well it's a common enough occurence, but for some reason it caught the media attention. I'm way beyond sick of it. I'm not saying I haven't compassion for the family, but the media, particularly FOX is way over the top.
That is true. However, saying "It's on FOX" as if that is the only place it is on is ridiculous. It was on all three of the major cable networks.

That is true. However, saying "It's on FOX" as if that is the only place it is on is ridiculous. It was on all three of the major cable networks.

I'll bow to your more complete knowledge. I will compare that summer and eve now with the summer of '01. Monica's bags and heat deaths in Chicago. Monica will do what she has to, summers can be hot in Chicago. :clink:

O'Reilly has a particular "interest" (you don't know what I thought of at first...) in this story. I don't know what their malfunction is really. FOX over covers it. It is only this one about van der Sloot that was on all three.

Back