JPP Cup Debate Championship Field Is Set

I would think we'd want a more intelligent conservative than PMP.

Why not Yurt? Or Superfreak? Or Cawacko?
Superfreak and Wacko turned the job down. They wanted to compete. I don't think Yurt was interested in being a judge either. It could be worse. Dixie could be the conservative judge.

1. Cawacko isn't on the contedners list. Urrr... you messenged him?

2. Thorn isn't a good representative of the liberal side. She is restrictive on immigration and for the death penalty, the very issues I consider most important to the liberal viewpoint. Jeez, I wonder how we can guess the outcome of debates on these issues?
Just because someone has a particular political leaning doen't mean that as a judge they can't be objective in who they pick as the winner in a debate. For example, you may have to debate the conservative side of an issue.

No, I was thinking the original seeding would be #1 vs. #16, #2 vs #15, #3 vs #14 and on down to #8 vs #9.

foolish....then the judges need to judge the candidates BEFORE they debate.....I grouped the 16 into 4 seeds (found it more difficult to distinguish the #2 and #3 than to identify the 4#4 and 4#1).......

we then can pair off a #1 v a #4 on the basis of their conservative/independent/liberal leanings.....without worrying if they are #13 or #14.......

Back