JPP Debate tournament - interest list

I'm gonna take a fuckload of Vyvanse before the tournament, though, and post the longest, most rambling response the world has ever seen. I will naturally be disqualified for length, but those who take an evening or so out of their time to read it will naturally realize my genius.

I basically have only a smartphone right now. No idea when I'll be budgeting for internet and cable. Oh, well...

What kind of smartphone? I may be able to give you directions for how to root and tether it, although you may need access to someone else's computer an internet to set it up.

oh yeah, the way the debates function is that you are forced to argue the side you are assigned, so you may be actually arguing for a side you don't normally agree with. that's the fun part :)

well, I lost a bet and had to blog on the virtues of Sarah Palin and why she'd be a great President.. (Palin for President..) excuse the mess, in the middle of transferring everything back to www.thevsj.com)....and that didn't kill me,LOL.. so yeah, I might be interested in this whole 'debate' thing..

(btw, can we link outside personal blogs? if not, I apologize and mods feel free to delete)

I would like to debate a YEC regarding the age of the earth. Not political, but it would be interesting. I think Gran is the only YEC around, though. Dixie probably is as well, but he won't come out and admit it.

If you need a judge, I can do that too. I can be as impartial as anyone on here.
I agree. You'd be a good judge. I seriously question the ability of the younguns or trinity or whatever the hell they want to call themselves to be both impartial and objective. You only have to look at last years results to see that. The fact that 3D won several debates by default didn't help either.

mott stfu. it's just how things ended being matched up. I can't believe you are still butthurt 2 years later over losing your match. My decisions were almost split down the middle on things I agreed/disagreed on. My personal opinion didn't factor in at all.

I agree. You'd be a good judge. I seriously question the ability of the younguns or trinity or whatever the hell they want to call themselves to be both impartial and objective. You only have to look at last years results to see that. The fact that 3D won several debates by default didn't help either.

Mott, you're clearly upset at the fact that we, the Youngins, are damned good at rational argumentation when we so choose. But it really shouldn't surprise you in all your prolapsed posterity. We're young, ambitious, quite dedicated to politics, all students of classical debate, etc. It would be natural that we debate well, regardless of the judges.

Mott, you're clearly upset at the fact that we, the Youngins, are damned good at rational argumentation when we so choose. But it really shouldn't surprise you in all your prolapsed posterity. We're young, ambitious, quite dedicated to politics, all students of classical debate, etc. It would be natural that we debate well, regardless of the judges.

Bitch-Please_12.jpg

Of course being granted the pro gun rights side of gun control didn't hurt either... ;)

Of course being granted the pro gun rights side of gun control didn't hurt either... ;)

Yeah, that made it much easier. That said, I certainly COULD have argued the opposite. I would have used a much different tactic than you did though.

Yeah, that made it much easier. That said, I certainly COULD have argued the opposite. I would have used a much different tactic than you did though.

I still think the judges were biased bastards... to not declare me the winner at everything I do is like a travesty or something.

Back