JPP Officially banned

tekkychick

Having forgotten I was logged in to my company's network, I clicked on a discussion forum on JPP...

congrats, all, you are officially a banned website as far as my company is concerned!

Quickly exited JPP, logged OUT of the network, and then went back into the fray...

Note to self: don't do that again!

Having forgotten I was logged in to my company's network, I clicked on a discussion forum on JPP...

congrats, all, you are officially a banned website as far as my company is concerned!

Quickly exited JPP, logged OUT of the network, and then went back into the fray...

Nah nah nah nah
Nah nah nah nah
Hey hey
Goodbye

thaatt's weird.

have you logged into JPP before this from your work network?

Because if that is the case someone must have snooped your internet traffic and decided to block it.

Now, if it was blocked beforehand, then that means we are on someones shitlist. do you happen to know what your company uses to filter sites?

I hope we didn't get filtered because of the conservadouches shouting nigger and having confederate flag avatars. Though we would probably deserve that. Thanks conservatives if that's the case. idiots.

thaatt's weird.

have you logged into JPP before this from your work network?

Because if that is the case someone must have snooped your internet traffic and decided to block it.

Now, if it was blocked beforehand, then that means we are on someones shitlist. do you happen to know what your company uses to filter sites?

Had not accessed JPP before while on my company's network; I luckily rarely have to connect to the network when I do my job, almost always I can be just living' it up in the wild wild world. I believe they do blocking based on "content" and goodness knows there is CONTENT on this site! I believe it's probably the sex-oriented content, but could be racist content as well; I believe in the "don't ask don't tell" policy when it applies to this area (but only then... well, probably only then... there may be other times...anyhow, not important)

I know they also block ext'l backup sites but that's because they don't want corporate data wandering off the reservation...

I hope we didn't get filtered because of the conservadouches shouting nigger and having confederate flag avatars. Though we would probably deserve that. Thanks conservatives if that's the case. idiots.

Maybe it is because of the use of IRS. MSNBC thinks it is the new N word

:rofl2:

tekky, try when you get an opportunity to try another site with "politics" in the url

I'll have to try that! I think it did happen when I clicked on some forum or another, not when I was on the "today's post" page so it could be the words in whichever forum I hit... but I'll do some testing.

If I get fired, I'll let you all know!

Meh, we were banned in Boston a long time ago.

I'll have to try that! I think it did happen when I clicked on some forum or another, not when I was on the "today's post" page so it could be the words in whichever forum I hit... but I'll do some testing.

If I get fired, I'll let you all know!

A lot of proxy servers have lists of banned sites which are updated periodically by the supplier, I found that when I worked for T-Mobile. One day there were a whole load of sites that I could no longer access including this one, fortunately I could still get via the wireless LAN which was totally open. I think they were banning anything that looked like a forum as access to the Ubuntu, Kubuntu and KDE forums was cut off as well.

I think they were banning anything that looked like a forum as access to the Ubuntu, Kubuntu and KDE forums was cut off as well.

well, couldn't really blame them for that... this forum is a lot more active than the last one I was on, so it's definitely distracting me more during the work day. Luckily it's a slower time of year for us...

Y'all are banned where I work for the language alone. :) my wife almost banned you from the house the couple of times she read some posts.

Back