Julius Caesar

That does not really make sense.
"Caesar" is just an imperial title that means Emperor. All the Roman Empire's rulers were Caesars, as were the Russian monarchs - Czar is the Russian translation of Caesar

He also, directly and indirectly, killed 2 million Gauls. Men, women and children. Between selling a million Gallic slaves, for which the profits belonged to him as proconsul he became the third wealthiest Roman behind Crassus and Pompey. He could have been even wealthier had he kept the Proconsuls share of the spoils of the Gallic Wars which, excepting the slaves, he divided among his legionnaires. Which was both a politically smart and a radical act as he completely undermined the power of the Senate by subverting the Legionaries loyalty which had major long term negative consequences as that played a major role in the collapse of both the Roman Republic and the Western Roman Empire.

Now I do appreciate the ironic Joke as Caesar probably would find a Caesar salad disgusting.

Having said that the comparison to removing statues honoring Confederate Generals in the US is a laughable one. How many Statues of Catilina and other Roman traitors did the Romans erect?

So let’s be clear about the so called “Cancel Culture”. Those who have used this term to object to the removal of Confederate statues are the ones who are guilty of supporting revisionist history and lies by complicit support of the grossly revisionist neo-Confederated Lost Cause Mythologies.

The real truth is that the men these statues honored were guilty of rebelling against their legal authority, instigated a war of aggression against their fellow countrymen for a horrible cause. Preserving chattel slavery. Those are well documented facts easily ascertainable via the primary documents available prior to and during The Civil War. They are not revisionism. It is, in fact, the other way around. It is those who support the utterly false lies and propaganda of the Lost Cause Mythologies whom are guilty of revisionism.

Let’s keep in mind that these statues of Confederate traitors began being erected a generation after the Civil War with the specific intent to spread the revisionist Lost Cause Mythologies, advance white nationalism and Jim Crow Laws that put Blacks into quasi servitude for another for another one hundred years and as symbols of intimidation’s towards Black who would rebel against the Jim Crow status quo.

These Statues, and the lies and revisionist history they represent, should have never been put up and should have come down a long time ago. With that being said the neo-confederate lies about the American Civil War can be swept out of our history books and the four fundamental facts about the American Civil War can be taught properly (and 1619 revisionist be damned too). Those are;

#1. The Confederate States rebelled against their legal government. An act of treason.
#2. They initiated a war of aggression against their fellow countrymen.
#3. They did so to preserve the institution of chattel slavery.
#4. Chattel slavery was a horrible and inhuman institution.

'Caesar' probably meant 'hairy', and the Great Dictator was going bald, which is why he needed bay ('laurel') leaves on his head as often as possible. Unlike your current version, that seems to have been the limit of his personal inadequacy, whereas what you've got is is a sort of textbook case of the Inferiority Complex.

"Caesar" is just an imperial title that means Emperor. All the Roman Empire's rulers were Caesars, as were the Russian monarchs - Czar is the Russian translation of Caesar

All are based on the dictator who destroyed the Roman Republic. Julius Caesar got what was coming to him. Brutus was a hero of the Republic.

'Caesar' probably meant 'hairy', and the Great Dictator was going bald, which is why he needed bay ('laurel') leaves on his head as often as possible. Unlike your current version, that seems to have been the limit of his personal inadequacy, whereas what you've got is is a sort of textbook case of the Inferiority Complex.
Julius was a brutal dictator who set Rome on a path to destruction.

All are based on the dictator who destroyed the Roman Republic. Julius Caesar got what was coming to him. Brutus was a hero of the Republic.

I always thought Caesar salad was just the latin version of Emperor's Salad.

Yes, Julius was the presumptive model for future Roman caesars. Although I think Augustus was the first true emperor.

But I actually do not lay all the blame for the downfall of the Republic at Julius' feet. The republic had become corrupt long before Julius, and any vestige of it's original republican and democratic institutions had long since atrophied

Yes, Caesar was the presumptive model for future Roman caesars. Although I think Augustus was the first true emperor.

But I actually do not lay all the blame for the downfall of the Republic at Julius' feet. The republic had become corrupt long before Julius, and any vestige of it's original republican and democratic institutions had long since atrophied

Spartacus was the only bloke worth bothering with, politically at least. As for literature, what's worth the bother after Catulus?

Let’s keep in mind that these statues of Confederate traitors began being erected a generation after the Civil War with the specific intent to spread the revisionist Lost Cause Mythologies, advance white nationalism and Jim Crow Laws that put Blacks into quasi servitude for another for another one hundred years and as symbols of intimidation’s towards Black who would rebel against the Jim Crow status quo.

These Statues, and the lies and revisionist history they represent, should have never been put up and should have come down a long time ago. With that being said the neo-confederate lies about the American Civil War can be swept out of our history books and the four fundamental facts about the American Civil War can be taught properly (and 1619 revisionist be damned too). Those are;

#1. The Confederate States rebelled against their legal government. An act of treason.

BINGO!

You hit several nails squarely on their heads, Mott.

The Trumpers will never get it.Their sight and hearing are clogged because they have their heads up their asses.

He also, directly and indirectly, killed 2 million Gauls. Men, women and children. Between selling a million Gallic slaves, for which the profits belonged to him as proconsul he became the third wealthiest Roman behind Crassus and Pompey. He could have been even wealthier had he kept the Proconsuls share of the spoils of the Gallic Wars which, excepting the slaves, he divided among his legionnaires. Which was both a politically smart and a radical act as he completely undermined the power of the Senate by subverting the Legionaries loyalty which had major long term negative consequences as that played a major role in the collapse of both the Roman Republic and the Western Roman Empire.

Now I do appreciate the ironic Joke as Caesar probably would find a Caesar salad disgusting.

Having said that the comparison to removing statues honoring Confederate Generals in the US is a laughable one. How many Statues of Catilina and other Roman traitors did the Romans erect?

So let’s be clear about the so called “Cancel Culture”. Those who have used this term to object to the removal of Confederate statues are the ones who are guilty of supporting revisionist history and lies by complicit support of the grossly revisionist neo-Confederated Lost Cause Mythologies.

The real truth is that the men these statues honored were guilty of rebelling against their legal authority, instigated a war of aggression against their fellow countrymen for a horrible cause. Preserving chattel slavery. Those are well documented facts easily ascertainable via the primary documents available prior to and during The Civil War. They are not revisionism. It is, in fact, the other way around. It is those who support the utterly false lies and propaganda of the Lost Cause Mythologies whom are guilty of revisionism.

Man I know that Crypiss is seriously humour free zone, but give me a break! Those bastards came over here and wanted to tear down Churchill and Baden Powell ffs. Please don't start yet another bloody diatribe about the Civil War it been done to death already!

God, you truly are a miserable sod!
^ Translation: two nanoseconds before you read my post you were unaware that Ceasar was an imperial title which applied to all emperors of the Roman and Russian empires.

Man I know that Crypiss is seriously humour free zone, but give me a break! Those bastards came over here and wanted to tear down Churchill and Baden Powell ffs. Please don't start yet another bloody diatribe about the Civil War it been done to death already!

Oh I said I appreciated the humor and I agree that the neo-Marxist crowd takes things way to far. But let’s be clear. The majority of the cancel culture criticism is aimed towards those who oppose the revisionist history represented by symbols of neo-confederate propaganda.

Yes, Julius was the presumptive model for future Roman caesars. Although I think Augustus was the first true emperor.

Nonetheless, it was Julius who crossed the Rubicon with an army.

What is fun history for me is noting that both Shakespeare and Dante went easy on Julius and hard on Brutus and Cassius. Why? They were subjects in a monarchy and to support a King-Killer would have not ended well for either of them.

Nonetheless, it was Julius who crossed the Rubicon with an army.

What is fun history for me is noting that both Shakespeare and Dante went easy on Julius and hard on Brutus and Cassius. Why? They were subjects in a monarchy and to support a King-Killer would have not ended well for either of them.

I am not really an admirer of Julius Ceasar either, and while he was undoubtedly a talented military commander, I think his exploits and legend have been blown totally out of proportion. You are correct that Shakespeare may be partly responsible for the legendary and mythic status of Julius Gaius

^ Translation: two nanoseconds before you read my post you were unaware that Ceasar was an imperial title which applied to all emperors of the Roman and Russian empires.

Ignorant prick, Roman influence and culture are all over the UK ffs! Only a braindead twat like you would try to turn a joke into some kind of willy waving contest. I learnt both Latin and ancient Greek at grammar school and can still conjugate Latin verbs!

Screenshot_20200907_215840.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I said I appreciated the humor and I agree that the neo-Marxist crowd takes things way to far. But let’s be clear. The majority of the cancel culture criticism is aimed towards those who oppose the revisionist history represented by symbols of neo-confederate propaganda.

FB_IMG_1596802381381.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598276520963.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598276520963.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
Spartacus was the only bloke worth bothering with, politically at least. As for literature, what's worth the bother after Catulus?

we weren't Spartacus.....
Spartacus-Charles-Laughton-John-Gavin.jpg

Ignorant prick, Roman influence and culture are all over the UK ffs! Only a braindead twat like you would try to turn a joke into some kind of willy waving contest.

It's not funny because it is not named a Julius Ceasar salad, and it is not named after the Roman statesman Julius Gaius Caesar.

As I told you, Caesar is just an imperial title used in the Roman and Russian empires, and the name became commonly used for boys born in some latin countries.

The Caesar salad was named after its inventor, the restaurant owner Caesar Cardini of Mexico.
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20190521-the-surprising-truth-about-caesar-salad

Your joke was not funny because the salad has nothing to do with Juilius Ceasar

It's not funny because it is not named a Julius Ceasar salad, and it is not named after the Roman statesman Julius Gaius Caesar.

As I told you, Caesar is just an imperial title used in the Roman and Russian empires, and the name became commonly used for boys born in some latin countries.

The Caesar salad was named after its inventor, the restaurant owner Caesar Cardini of Mexico.
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20190521-the-surprising-truth-about-caesar-salad

Your joke was not funny because the salad has nothing to do with Juilius Ceasar

I know all that you obnoxious twat, I will now have to add humourless to hectoring, sanctimonious, arrogant and pretentious to describe you.

Back