JUST GOT BACK FROM CATARACT SURGERY.

Short story: Me and a friend jumped a Freight Train in L.A. and took a trip out into the Desert. We got off in Indio, some little Desert Town like Palm Springs, and I noticed I had something in my eye. We had been jumping from Freight Car to Freight Car and had gotten into these Gondola Cars (Flat Cars with sides for Bulk Stuff like Coal). I remember standing at the sides and looking forward into this swirl of desert sand the train had kicked up. I think I got something there as the Train sped through the Desert. After sleeping at the Train Yard, we left and got something to eat. Then I went to some little Medical Clinic and found an Eye Doctor. He tried 'scraping' it first. That didn't work, so he broke out the Drill. I'm sitting there, with my head in this fucking clamp, as he turns this thing on, and says "Don't blink". WTF! So, this drill bit comes closer and closer to my open eye until it touches my eye, I start seeing tiny sparks! Oh Fuck! I think my eyeball is going to explode! It didn't, and it wasn't painful. He's says "OK. I think we got it". Puts a patch on my eye and I leave. About 15 minutes later as we are walking through some Orchard, I puke my guts out. Yeah. I think I was terrified, and this was my body's reaction.
So, after that, I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to my eyes.

iu

Had to be at the clinic at 11:00 for surgery at 12:30. They had to do lots of prep work...setting an IV and putting spaced drops in the right eye. Then into the surgery theater, where I was tended to by the doctor (ophthalmologist); a male nurse, and an anesthesiologist. Process took between 10 to 15 minutes...none of which was uncomfortable even slightly.

I kinda liked the attention.

Now I have to put one drop each of two medicines in my eye for a few days. The left eye will be done a week from today.

When I got home, I had to remove the eye goggle that the doctor had taped over the right eye...in order to put the drops in it.

I was stunned by the difference in what I was seeing in the right eye. The colors are so changed and sharp...it is almost overwhelming. I can't wait to remove the goggle for the next drops in two hours.

I'll be reporting more on the move during the next three weeks. If things go as well with the left eye as it has so far with the right...I am going to feel that I have moved to another dimension...or to another world.

Stay turned.

Had my done two years ago two weeks apart. Like having new eyes and no more prescription glasses , just of the shelf reading glasses

heal soon Frank!!

I don’t follow golf shots so good unless it’s from behind. :dunno:

Yup. Me too. Except that recently I have not been able to follow them even when standing directly behind. Dying to see what happens when I play next...after the second eye gets done.

Glad it went well for you. I've had both eyes done and was just as you describe.
You will want good sun glasses for daytime bright.
You should find it easier driving at night though doing so in rainy conditions can still be glarey.
Thats worse for me but due to other things going on with my eyes unrelated to the cataracts.

Had to be at the clinic at 11:00 for surgery at 12:30. They had to do lots of prep work...setting an IV and putting spaced drops in the right eye. Then into the surgery theater, where I was tended to by the doctor (ophthalmologist); a male nurse, and an anesthesiologist. Process took between 10 to 15 minutes...none of which was uncomfortable even slightly.

Now I have to put one drop each of two medicines in my eye for a few days. The left eye will be done a week from today.

When I got home, I had to remove the eye goggle that the doctor had taped over the right eye...in order to put the drops in it.

I was stunned by the difference in what I was seeing in the right eye. The colors are so changed and sharp...it is almost overwhelming. I can't wait to remove the goggle for the next drops in two hours.

I'll be reporting more on the move during the next three weeks. If things go as well with the left eye as it has so far with the right...I am going to feel that I have moved to another dimension...or to another world.

Stay turned.

Hope your recovery continues to be great! Thanks for posting about it too. I've also got cataracts but not to the stage yet where Medicare will cover fixing them. It's good to know what to expect from someone else's personal experience.

Stay turned.

Hope it goes good for ya, Frankie! :good4u:

A friend of mine recently had it done to both eyes. He said everything was so vivid and bright it was like he'd taken a fistful of LSD...

Stay turned.

I don't have a cataract problem yet according to my eye doctor, that being said does operation hurt and how long does it take? What will your vision be like after both eyes are done? Best of luck on your out comes too!

Vision Impairment Simulator

“What do you actually see?” This is one of the most common questions asked of people with a vision impairment. That’s why we’ve created The Sight Center Vision Impairment Simulator.

https://sightcentertoledo.org/eyeco...MIsp6I94qU9gIV9RCzAB0YbgeYEAAYASAAEgI9m_D_BwE

Stay turned.

I realized my yellowish walls are actually white.

Back