Just got me the Android...

ive been contemplating the droid but ive sworn off motorola forever. I fucking hate that company. I hear the screen is major awesome and I like the tactile keyboard. Browser looks good too. But I think iphones apps still seal the deal for me.

ive been contemplating the droid but ive sworn off motorola forever. I fucking hate that company. I hear the screen is major awesome and I like the tactile keyboard. Browser looks good too. But I think iphones apps still seal the deal for me.
There's already over 12K apps for the droid and growing. You can also use up to 8 apps at a time. I listen to music and browse the web with no discernible slowdown. It has turn by turn navigation, voice recognition for that as well as pretty much everything...

Yeah, it kicks iPhone butt.

I've already loaded all my iTunes music and video. Even better you can set up and delete songs right off the phone. My iPod was never able to do that. Now when those songs I want gone show up, I can delete them without having to try to search them out....

It is freaky cool. Come to the dark side, Grind...

I've already loaded all my iTunes music and video. Even better you can set up and delete songs right off the phone. My iPod was never able to do that. Now when those songs I want gone show up, I can delete them without having to try to search them out....

It is freaky cool. Come to the dark side, Grind...

Apple often removes features (like delete) deliberately to reduce clutter. They make very elegant products but they do remove functionality, though rarely in a debilitating fashion.

You think of something like the TI-89 with an insane amount of menu clutter that hides all of the primary functions behind mountains of superflous features and the benefits of Apple's design philosophy become apparent. Fascism sometimes makes sense.

Apple often removes features (like delete) deliberately to reduce clutter. They make very elegant products but they do remove functionality, though rarely in a debilitating fashion.

You think of something like the TI-89 with an insane amount of menu clutter that hides all of the primary functions behind mountains of superflous features and the benefits of Apple's design philosophy become apparent. Fascism sometimes makes sense.
It's easier to leave functionality active and then hide the menu until the user selects it.. The clutter is only on the screen when it is useful.

Damo, if you don't mind me asking how much was it. I have seen the prices at Verizon and it says 599. Did you get a better deal? I still have a year on my present contract but I want the droid bad. ENVY ENVY ENVY

Damo, if you don't mind me asking how much was it. I have seen the prices at Verizon and it says 599. Did you get a better deal? I still have a year on my present contract but I want the droid bad. ENVY ENVY ENVY
$199, after a rebate.

there's sever hundred thousand apps for the jesus phone.

I mainly use mine for web browsing, trading stocks, and music
It kicks pc's ASS on all 3.

there's sever hundred thousand apps for the jesus phone.

I mainly use mine for web browsing, trading stocks, and music
It kicks pc's ASS on all 3.
In less than 2 weeks since inception there is well over 20K now for the 'droid...

I'm sure we'll do fine, thanks.

And this kicks my iPod's butt on music by a long shot. Way more control and up to 32 Gigs of memory.

Back