Kickball+Booze+Dark=World of hurt.

He wanted to know if that is what it felt like, he didn't ask, "Does this mean I am old..."

Yes, that's what it feels like. According to every old person that I know, except the ones in the conspiracy who try to tell you it's all butterfly-pooping unicorns and leprechauns with pots of gold.

BTW - Beefy, no... getting old doesn't hurt at all. You'll be fine. Just stop digging your face into hillsides and falling over huge dodge balls while clapping your knees together.

It does if you don't look after the injuries you got when you were young! This crap about "playing through the pain" is just that. I tended to ignore injuries because I was having too much fun. The knees are basically okay, but from time to time the effects of old ignored ankle sprains come back to haunt me. I think if I hadn't taken some time in a sedentary type of job but kept active I wouldn't have to retrain so hard.

i've told beefy i want to come to hawaii in december...at least now i can kick his ass at..........kickball :)

and we really are putting things together beefy, i just need to decide about a free place to stay or where i really want to stay. i don't like the time shares, they're touristy and really, i don't go to the islands to see high rises....

It does if you don't look after the injuries you got when you were young! This crap about "playing through the pain" is just that. I tended to ignore injuries because I was having too much fun. The knees are basically okay, but from time to time the effects of old ignored ankle sprains come back to haunt me. I think if I hadn't taken some time in a sedentary type of job but kept active I wouldn't have to retrain so hard.
Ironic. I have the same problem with an old injury to my ankle ( I dislocated it when younger). I originally thought I had sciatica, then I thought it was fibromyalgia then I thought my knee was going bad. Turned out the whole problem was that old ankle injury. My calcaneous bone had rotated and that caused all the problems I've been suffering for several years. Some atheletic tape and some orthotics have pretty much fixed the problem.

Back