Let's get honest about how we live.

He's on my ignore list because trying to logically debate him in the past is a lost cause. People like him are willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn when it comes to criticizing their world view and beliefs. These are the people who tell you that unemployment rates are due mainly to people who don't want to work and find it easier to live on welfare. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see that in him. Does not like to be contradicted.

We have everything we need in America, wtf is TaiChi's problem?

Do we grow our own Tea?

No!

Don't laugh, it is big business. We import over 560 million dollar of it annually, and it becomes a 13.47 billion dollar industry here in America annually.

China is the world's largest Exporter of Tea, and the U.S. is the number one importer of tea in the world.

That is more-than likely never going to change.

Last edited:
Do we grow our own Tea?

No!

Don't laugh, it is big business. We import over 560 million dollar of it annually, and it becomes a 13.47 billion dollar industry here in America annually.

China is the world's largest Exporter of Tea, and the U.S. is the number one importer of tea in the world.

That is more-than likely never going to change.

already has.....
Argentina ranks first with 44,731 tons of its tea having been imported to the U.S. in 2021. This is likely due to mate tea. Next comes China with 12,184 tons and India with 11,947 tons.

https://www.statista.com/chart/29585/total-value-of-tea-imports-to-the-united-states-by-country/#:~:text=Then%2C%20Argentina%20ranks%20first%20with,and%20India%20with%2011%2C947%20tons.

World wide Japan leads in tea exports, India and Argentina rank higher than China.....(same link).....

if you want red, white and blue tea, here are sources.....
https://tea.fandom.com/wiki/Tea_production_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Although%20Camellia%20sinensis%20can%20be,Tea%20Company%20and%20another%20in

Last edited:
I have never ordered coffee at a Starbucks.

Overpriced coffee. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm just not the one for that.

One thing that I find interesting is to find a bunch of FANCY PANTS sissies standing in line at Starbucks, complaining about the price of gasoline being $2.70 a gallon, and then spending $6.25 for a 10 oz. Cafe' Latte! :whoa::palm:

Last edited:

Thanks, but that doesn't change the fact that China is still the world's largest exporter of Tea- or the fact that the US is still the major importer of Tea in the world.

ACCORDING TO THE SAME WEBSITE YOU GOT YOUR INFORMATION. https://www.statista.com/statistics/264189/main-export-countries-for-tea-worldwide/

But, your point is good news that The US is importing more tea from lil ole Argentina, than China now.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
or the fact that the US is still the major importer of Tea in the world.

again no....from my link above.....

Looking at the wider picture, U.S. imports of tea represent just 7.4 percent of world imports for the product, according to the ITC. It is only the second leading importing country for tea in the world, following Pakistan.

https://www.statista.com/chart/29585/total-value-of-tea-imports-to-the-united-states-by-country/#:~:text=Then%2C%20Argentina%20ranks%20first%20with,and%20India%20with%2011%2C947%20tons.

I guess you are doomed to be continuously wrong.....

again no....from my link above.....

Looking at the wider picture, U.S. imports of tea represent just 7.4 percent of world imports for the product, according to the ITC. It is only the second leading importing country for tea in the world, following Pakistan.

I guess you are doomed to be continuously wrong.....

I think that you are referencing the charts that reflect the amount of Tea being imported or exported in terms of volume.

And the charts I were referencing reflected Tea being imported and exported in terms of the value in American Dollars.

But, it is not anything I want to argue about with anyone.

Next!

I have never ordered coffee at a Starbucks.

Overpriced coffee. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm just not the one for that.

I can live with the overcharging if I have to
but less so with the burnt coffee.

I have had it when that was all that was available.
It's not good imo.

Thus, Dunkin Donuts for me...
plus they have donuts.:)

It's not good imo.

Brand spanking new Dunkin' donut in the hood opens the 28th... everyone is so excited:laugh: Starbucks here is packed all the time... they might be getting a little competition...

Brand spanking new Dunkin' donut in the hood opens the 28th... everyone is so excited:laugh: Starbucks here is packed all the time... they might be getting a little competition...

In the end, I don't think it's the same demographic, TOP.

I could be wrong, of course,
but in the end,
I just think that
more people overall will be happy.

It's not good imo.

Starbucks is burnt overpriced crap , been drinking DD for over 40 years and for the last 30 they have an acceptable bagel

It's not good imo.

Starbucks is burnt overpriced crap , been drinking DD for over 40 years and for the last 30 they have an acceptable bagel

I'm a Krispy Kreme man.

I don't go there for coffee. I go there for doughnuts. A dozen glazed and maybe some specialties. Boston Creme, guava jelly filled.

I think that you are referencing the charts that reflect the amount of Tea being imported or exported in terms of volume.

And the charts I were referencing reflected Tea being imported and exported in terms of the value in American Dollars.

But, it is not anything I want to argue about with anyone.

Next!

translation: I lose again!

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
We're Americans (at least I am), so the first 4 paragraphs is the society we all live under.

you hang with snobs.....give up your Starbucks.....

Amazing how you just babble anything to get a response. What you say here says more about you than me. Just because I can dismantle all your MAGA/alt-right rhetoric consistently translates as a "snob" in your mind. I use to drink one type of Starbucks because it was in the building where I worked and was easy access once or twice a week in the morning. Since I left that job, no more Starbucks....WAY too expensive and not so good without a lot of add on. My hats off to anyone who can drink that stuff black.

Anything else regarding the OP, or are you just here to troll me?

Last edited:
Back