Let's Go Reds

But but but, you had the pitching last year too and the Yankees still ended up with the ring. Say it with me, 28 in twenty-ten!

You're misremembering. Last year the Phillies rotation was a big question mark behind Cliff Lee. Hamels was not pitching all that well. Pedro was good but not by any means lights out and the fourth starter was Joe Blanton for crying out loud. THe Yanks had Sabathia, Pettitte, Chamberlain and Burnett. And we're not even discussing bullpens, including closers. The Yanks were favored to win the thing, not the Phillies.

This year is quite a different story altogether. Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels are all pitching extremely well and it is likely that the Phils won't have to use fourth starter at all throughout the playoffs.

In any event, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, Phils over the Reds in three, four at the most.

Domination:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_R2PvsSenw&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - Roy Halladay No Hitter (Full) 10/6/10[/ame]!

Welcome to Doctober.

15 Freaken years since my team has been to the post season and the opposing pitcher has the best post season performance in my life time. It was, quite simply, a thing of beauty. I will probably never see such a performance again in my life time. Fuckin Halladay! He was unfucking hitable.

Astros, huh? I feel for you. Ed Wade sure knows how to lead a ballclub to eternal mediocrity.

Dear Lord,,,,,,,,,,,,, "There's been script problems from day one".

Congrats to you though!!!!!!!!

I hope that Oswalt is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's one hell of a pitcher, and we love him.

Halladay was fricken superb...79 strikes in 104 pitches! And the guy was so humble about it. Kept saying we, talking about himself and his catcher, instead of I. The guy threw almost 80% strikes. There is nothing in any other sport to compare it to. Half the time a quarterback has a stellar day it is because his receivers have pulled some shit in for receptions. A no no is all the pitcher, and one batter shy of a perfect game. Oh well Larsen still has that but Halladay damn sure put on a show. I think the fans from Ohio should stick to OSU football because professional sports is gonna sit out another year without a championship. Phillies in 3.

Halladay was fricken superb...79 strikes in 104 pitches! And the guy was so humble about it. Kept saying we, talking about himself and his catcher, instead of I. The guy threw almost 80% strikes. There is nothing in any other sport to compare it to. Half the time a quarterback has a stellar day it is because his receivers have pulled some shit in for receptions. A no no is all the pitcher, and one batter shy of a perfect game. Oh well Larsen still has that but Halladay damn sure put on a show. I think the fans from Ohio should stick to OSU football because professional sports is gonna sit out another year without a championship. Phillies in 3.
I'll agree with you in part. No other sport can come as close to perfection as Halladay did yesterday. It was a truely amazing performance. Having said that...it's only one game Po....to paraphrase Richard Pryor "We aint dead yet!"

Besides what would a Johnny come lately baseball fan like a Yankee fan know about baseball? ;-P

I'll agree with you in part. No other sport can come as close to perfection as Halladay did yesterday. It was a truely amazing performance. Having said that...it's only one game Po....to paraphrase Richard Pryor "We aint dead yet!"

Besides what would a Johnny come lately baseball fan like a Yankee fan know about baseball? ;-P
I admit it. I jumped on the band wagon....in 1976! When I was 10. Been riding it through the lean eighties and then back into the thick 90's and now the 21st century. Greatest team EVER.

Don't you hate when your teams starts out by giving you hope and then they breath deep and get hope stuck in their windpipe and choke?

Title of the Thread should now be "Let's Go Home Reds!"

WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND, HEY!!!

Cincinnati Reds. Best offense in MLB and soon to be your next world champions!

Mott...Mott! Wake up Mott, you were dreaming, you kept saying something about the Reds being the world champions. Are you Ok? It was all a bad dream Mott. You're safe now.

Mott...Mott! Wake up Mott, you were dreaming, you kept saying something about the Reds being the world champions. Are you Ok? It was all a bad dream Mott. You're safe now.
Bite me!

Oh well....we're a young team. If we can hold the nucleus of thos club together we'll be in more post seasons. I figured given our record against play off caliber teams we might be in for an early exist but, as Mr. Thayer says...Hope springs eternal in the human breat.....wait till next year sucker.

Now who is playing the evil empire?

You're misremembering. Last year the Phillies rotation was a big question mark behind Cliff Lee. Hamels was not pitching all that well. Pedro was good but not by any means lights out and the fourth starter was Joe Blanton for crying out loud. THe Yanks had Sabathia, Pettitte, Chamberlain and Burnett. And we're not even discussing bullpens, including closers. The Yanks were favored to win the thing, not the Phillies.

This year is quite a different story altogether. Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels are all pitching extremely well and it is likely that the Phils won't have to use fourth starter at all throughout the playoffs.

In any event, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, Phils over the Reds in three, four at the most.

Bumpski, bitches.

Back