Let's Talk About Cooking!

BB, I would have known this was you even without your userid. It's got BB written all over it. :cool:

Have you ever gotten that close to a bison?

Only once...my old horse JR was a spunky little dude...he liked to charge anything that annoyed him,dogs,cats cows and Bison...so I gave him to my daughter...and she turned his aggression into a positive...she made him a jumper...not a fence could stop him!:moos:

I just dont like the taste of butter milk . and hey aim 34 and have 2 sons and daughter i got when i married thier dad .

and i add the garlic raw or i have been known to cheat and add the powder

the mayo makes it alot smoother to me . also when you make cornnread and dont have a egg you can add a glop of mayo . yes i cheat some times like this .

That works being that mayo is made from eggs!..also add a little beer to the mix this is what smooths it!

I generally don't use buttermilk, just with the chicken at times. What is your dislike with buttermilk? Just curious.

Yes, my stepson (don't ask a how a 38 could have a stepson, long story, LOL) who is an amazing cook always makes his mashed potatos with the garlic. Do you roast the garlic first, or do you add it raw?

The mayo is an interesting idea because that's what goes into potato salad. I would imagine it adds a tanginess and creaminess at the same time. I will try it next time :) Thanks for the tips!

Damn,girl!...Ya are a 38?..and hey your stepson knows what he is doing...Mashed taters rock with garlic...only way to go...I always boil them in garlic salt...and add ground garlic to the finished product!

Damo, you're really going all Grizzly Adams on us here. Is there an upcoming race war or apocalyptic prophesy recently fulfilled that I am unaware of?

Damo..Grizzley Adams!...nah...Grizzly loved his road kill...damo prefers veggie kill!
Damo be the Gentleman farmer thats for sure!

I just dont like the taste of butter milk . and hey aim 34 and have 2 sons and daughter i got when i married thier dad .

and i add the garlic raw or i have been known to cheat and add the powder

the mayo makes it alot smoother to me . also when you make cornnread and dont have a egg you can add a glop of mayo . yes i cheat some times like this .

Don't you love that instant extended family when you marry someone that's been divorced! LOL!

That's not cheating -- using garlic powder. :) Actually, I have an Italian lady living next door to me and she never uses fresh garlic -- always the powder.

Damn,girl!...Ya are a 38?..and hey your stepson knows what he is doing...Mashed taters rock with garlic...only way to go...I always boil them in garlic salt...and add ground garlic to the finished product!

Yes sir, I'm 38 years old and proud of it! I look great, thanks to my mama's great genes.

BB-- you're quite a cook!

I both love and hate cooking. Working in my brothers gourmet restaurant was fun and hard. Too much work. would rather eat. LOL

I both love and hate cooking. Working in my brothers gourmet restaurant was fun and hard. Too much work. would rather eat. LOL

I know what you mean. HAVING to do something on a regular basis, takes all the fun out of it. That's why I would never want to work in a restaurant or go into a catering business.

I like to eat too, but there's nothing like the thrill of people pouring on the adulation when you have a dinner party and everyone is oohing and aahing everything that you've made. One thing I've learned, if you are having any type of social gathering, the foods got to be REALLY good.

I just got one of the most coveted recipes from a friend of mine who figured out to make the perfect fish sauce. It's got crabs, clams, mussels, calamari, scallops. She made it for Christmas and my family was fortunate enough to try. It doesn't get much better than this!

Yes sir, I'm 38 years old and proud of it! I look great, thanks to my mama's great genes.

BB-- you're quite a cook!

:eek: ya are so very young...and by the way if'n yo mama was Italian yes the genes are good...also a lot of other genes are good! Levi Strauss... oldie but goodie...I know my puns suck...what can I say?:dunno::doh::FootMouth:

:eek: ya are so very young...and by the way if'n yo mama was Italian yes the genes are good...also a lot of other genes are good! Levi Strauss... oldie but goodie...I know my puns suck...what can I say?:dunno::doh::FootMouth:

I love Italian history, art, cuisine, but alas I'm not Italian...

Shakespeare was fond of puns and so am I.

Back