Let's talk about S06E01 of Game of Thrones (spoilers all)

The first book is kind of slow. The whole point is that it seems to be leading the plot in one direction (Ned being the big hero who saves the day), and this plot is kind of lame. But then it has one of the best twists in fiction when his stupidity gets his damn head chopped off and this is all torn to pieces. And we're lead on to the real plot, which mostly involves Tyrion, Daeny, Jon, Arya, etc... and is awesome.

It's also probably not quite as easy to read when you already know all the big twists. There are huge sections in the fourth and fifth books that aren't really covered in the show, so that would be original to you. But the fourth and fifth books also aren't really that good. Storm of Swords was where the series hit its high mark. And that's covered in exhaustive detail.

Actually, Daeny's story in the second book is a lot different than the one in the show. But it's also a lot shorter. The crap they pulled in the show was mostly because they wanted to give Daeny more to do (she's like the most popular character on the show).

I think tonight confirmed a lot I was guessing about John Snow. It was predictable but it had to cover a lot territory in a short time.

GOT has...

xlrDyPV.gif

I think tonight confirmed a lot I was guessing about John Snow. It was predictable but it had to cover a lot territory in a short time.

Will Jon come back like Beric or Drogo ?

And why does the Mountain not remove his helmet ?

Now I just want the Hound back on the prowel.

Anyone upset that Jon is back? All-in-all it would appear that Ned's children (other than Rob, of course) are doing alright this season. Arya and Bran are getting effective training, and Jon's death broke his oath to the Watch, so in his newfound life, he is a free-agent, able to get into the thick of the political stage. Meanwhile, Sansa is freed, and amongst friends.

Anyone upset that Jon is back? All-in-all it would appear that Ned's children (other than Rob, of course) are doing alright this season. Arya and Bran are getting effective training, and Jon's death broke his oath to the Watch, so in his newfound life, he is a free-agent, able to get into the thick of the political stage. Meanwhile, Sansa is freed, and amongst friends.

I was very happy for little Sansa, and I loved that she had to eat some humble pie, she was a bitch to Jon, but she is one determined little lady, now and I hope she is the one who gets to bring Ramsey Bolton his final solution.

there isn't a soul alive upset jon is back. Get ready for the #bastardbowl 2016

Back