APP - Linehan attacks American 'lies' over NHS

Because it is totally illogical, you would never surf anywhere if you needed to know what a link contained before you clicked on it. If you are that worried about risky websites then you should use Firefox and the WOT addon which lets you know in advance about websites that are malicious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT:_Web_of_Trust

I don't need to go through the web that much as I mainly use it for news sites and a few boards I belong on...

I will look into your suggestion though, thanks..
I have been thinking of going with Firefox..I just haven't been able to make the change just yet.
and just how much fun is for you all to call people stupid just for the kind of computer they use...such snobs and mockers

I don't need to go through the web that much as I mainly use it for news sites and a few boards I belong on...

I have been thinking of going with Firefox..I just haven't been able to make the change just yet.

It really is a great engine, Tom has helped me with a lot of wonderful programs!

Thanks again, mate!

and just how much fun is for you all to call people stupid just for the kind of computer they use...such snobs and mockers

OK fair enough, I will withdraw the stupid comment, Firefox is the best there is and it has so many add-ons it is just amazing.

Tom recommended Firefox to me and then, when I went to another university, the IT people recommended it also. There is something about Microsoft products that malicious people like to attack.

I stay away from Microsoft as much as I can (which, frankly, isn't much. Such a monopoly!)

Internet Explorer 8 is an improvement but it's still not a patch on Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

Tom recommended Firefox to me and then, when I went to another university, the IT people recommended it also. There is something about Microsoft products that malicious people like to attack.

I stay away from Microsoft as much as I can (which, frankly, isn't much. Such a monopoly!)

If you really want to get away from Microshaft then I recommend Kubuntu Linux, if you can't wean yourself off Windows then there is ReactOS which is still alpha but will be going to beta very soon.

Last edited:
Back