Living with an electric car?

When the very first automobiles showed up on American roads, the public were very wary and not very receptive to them because they frightened horses and people alike!

People at large wanted them outlawed!

Within just a few years, more families owned one than not!

1890s-1900s-1910s-couple-man-woman-in-horseless-carriage-automobile-speeding-by-alarmed-scared-elderly-man-in-horse-and-wagon-a7968-har001-hars-seniors-old-time-future-surprise-nostalgia-old-fashion-auto-1-wagon-style-fear-motor-vehicle-young-adult-horses-technology-safety-competition-lifestyle-speed-elder-females-married-rural-spouse-husbands-coats-luxury-transport-full-length-ladies-persons-goggles-automobile-males-risk-wheels-senior-man-transportation-duster-senior-adult-bw-partner-carriage-mammals-oldsters-oldster-turn-of-the-20th-century-and-autos-excitement-progress-innovation-by-in-2FYB7HJ.jpg

When the very first automobiles showed up on American roads, the public were very wary and not very receptive to them because they frightened horses and people alike! People at large wanted them outlawed! Within just a few years, more families owned one than not!

Fascinating, if true.

as I have noted before, EVs are suitable for suburb use (commute, running chores) and thats about it.
Sure you can rent a real car for a family vacation but only moderately well off folks can afford that.
Its like the guy who buys an old MG-B to sport around in occasionally. Its fun but impractical.

Fascinating, if true.

Saddle makers were up in arms over cars until they noticed that the seats were basically wooden benches. They figured out that their skills translated well to making car seats that you could sit in and be somewhat comfortable.

Saddle makers were up in arms over cars until they noticed that the seats were basically wooden benches. They figured out that their skills translated well to making car seats that you could sit in and be somewhat comfortable.

Fascinating, if true.

as I have noted before, EVs are suitable for suburb use (commute, running chores) and thats about it. Sure you can rent a real car for a family vacation but only moderately well off folks can afford that.
Its like the guy who buys an old MG-B to sport around in occasionally. Its fun but impractical.

I refuse to buy any vehicle with a short-ass range that takes anywhere from 1 to 8 hours to refuel.

I'm more concerned about the effect the push to EVs is going to have on the electricity supply and its cost.

Why every 5th electric car owner returns to gasoline

According to the latest research, one in five electric vehicle owners in the United States exchange their eco-friendly cars for gasoline-powered vehicles. This trend is most common in the state of California, which is the leader in the US, in the adoption of electric vehicles.

What's going on?

I refuse to buy any vehicle with a short-ass range that takes anywhere from 1 to 8 hours to refuel.

I'm more concerned about the effect the push to EVs is going to have on the electricity supply and its cost.

as noted in another thread, the power grid will not support widespread use of them. they're toys for rich people.

as noted in another thread, the power grid will not support widespread use of them. they're toys for rich people.

Indeed. Mostly rich, white guilty people, the kind who buy "carbon credits" and posted black squares on their social media account to virtue-signal?

Why You SHOULDN'T Buy An Electric Car

We spend a lot of time on this channel giving you the information you need to make your next car a cleaner, greener, safer and smarter model.

Yet right now, we think it's a terrible time to buy a new EV.

Why bungling Biden is afraid of Tesla

Bungling Biden has continued to ignore the number 1 EV producer in the world, Tesla, while claiming that he's trying to push the transition of EVs forward.

He invited CEOs from Ford, GM, Cummings, and others to a whitehouse roundtable about EVs, yet, of course, Elon Musk was left out.

If bungling Biden really wanted to further the progress of electric vehicles, shouldn't Tesla be his number 1 priority?

Watch the video to find out why bungling Biden discriminates against the world's most successful African American ever.

Back