LOTR characters all bachelor virgins

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Seriously. The only people with a girlfriend in the entire story is Elrond, the husband of Galadriel, Aragon, and Sam. Everyone else is a bachelor who has presumably never had a girlfriend (Tolkien never mentions one for any of them in the story at least) and is therefore most likely a virgin. For the entire story all they do is grabass and talk about how pale the elf chicks (I believe only one human woman is named, two hobbit women, and no Dwarves) are. Bilbo was a bachelor for almost a century and a half, Frodo for about 60 years, and they both go to the undying lands (where there are no hobbit chicks) without a girlfriend to spend the next hundred or so years together.

Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Batchelors, a fundamental lack of sex and dwarves?

Change the names about a bit and it could be referring to the contributors to a political message board or something.

Seriously. The only people with a girlfriend in the entire story is Elrond, the husband of Galadriel, Aragon, and Sam. Everyone else is a bachelor who has presumably never had a girlfriend (Tolkien never mentions one for any of them in the story at least) and is therefore most likely a virgin. For the entire story all they do is grabass and talk about how pale the elf chicks (I believe only one human woman is named, two hobbit women, and no Dwarves) are. Bilbo was a bachelor for almost a century and a half, Frodo for about 60 years, and they both go to the undying lands (where there are no hobbit chicks) without a girlfriend to spend the next hundred or so years together.

Yes....

Elrond is not the husband of Gladriel. Celeborn is. Dumbass.

Well, we now all know just what big geeks Watermark and Superfreak are... :pke:

I've read the books and seen the movies, yet not once did WM's realizations enter my mind, nor could I have told you who Gladriel's husband is.

Yes....

Elrond is not the husband of Gladriel. Celeborn is. Dumbass.

It was meant to be read as a reference four different people. I couldn't remember who Galadriels husband was so I put "The husband of Galdriel" instead. I wasn't describing Elrond as the husband of Galadriel.

I've read the books and seen the movies, yet not once did WM's realizations enter my mind, nor could I have told you who Gladriel's husband is.

See how easy it is for conservative to overlook the absence of women and a good ole grabassing?

See how easy it is for conservative to overlook the absence of women and a good ole grabassing?

Ouch! No need for the name calling!

I read the books more than twenty years ago and merely enjoyed them for the story and the classic value the books had achieved. The movies I simply viewed as damn fine movie making. I tend not to analyze my entertainment too deeply. Hell, it wasn't until a few years ago that I became aware of the Christian under-pinnings of Tolkien's work. His and C.S. Lewis'. I just read and enjoyed.

Ouch! No need for the name calling!

LOL. I was just ribbing you, man.

I read the books more than twenty years ago and merely enjoyed them for the story and the classic value the books had achieved. The movies I simply viewed as damn fine movie making. I tend not to analyze my entertainment too deeply. Hell, it wasn't until a few years ago that I became aware of the Christian under-pinnings of Tolkien's work. His and C.S. Lewis'. I just read and enjoyed.

I do the same thing.

I just got to thinking about it the other day, and found it amusing because I started seeing his extremely Christian ethos everywhere. Women are rarely mentioned; their beauty is highly emphasized but in an asexual way. It's sort of like going back in time and seeing this:

24410_1970childrensbook.jpg

Delightfully sexist.

I didn't know his name either... looked that part up... just knew that Elrond wasn't her husband.

It was meant to be read as a reference four different people. I couldn't remember who Galadriels husband was so I put "The husband of Galdriel" instead. I wasn't describing Elrond as the husband of Galadriel.

Well then...

1) Who was Elronds girlfriend???

2) You are forgetting Faramir.... he hooked up with Eowyn

Well then...

1) Who was Elronds girlfriend???

2) You are forgetting Faramir.... he hooked up with Eowyn

1) Yeah. I'm listening to it on audiobook and haven't finished it yet. They may have had that on the movie, but my memory of the movie is sketchy. I'm planning on re-watching it (in the directors cut version) after I finish the book.

2) Elronds girlfriend it Celebrían, Galdriel and Celborn's daughter.

Yes, there is something wrong here, they remind us of you. A bachelor virgin!

:pke:

At least I'm not a 150 year old virgin like Bilbo, although if the singularity happens during my lifetime it's certainly a possibility.

I'm confident you'll get an invite into a young lady's hobbit hole before you hit the century.

Back