Major winter storm here

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
That was predicted for yesterday afternoon, last night and most of today. So yesterday morning I drove up to the mountains to retrieve my snow thrower. I have a big driveway, and 12" or snow on it would break my back. Plus I have some elderly neighbors that I take care of when I can. So I figure 4 ours of driving plus 1/3 tank of gas was a small price to pay for having a machine do most of the work.

So today I removed snow from 8 driveways, including my own: 2 elderly neighbors, one widow, my next door neighbor who takes care of my cat when we are away, my neighbor who lends me his pick-up, and three paying jobs. I changed $50 for those three. :)

That was predicted for yesterday afternoon, last night and most of today. So yesterday morning I drove up to the mountains to retrieve my snow thrower. I have a big driveway, and 12" or snow on it would break my back. Plus I have some elderly neighbors that I take care of when I can. So I figure 4 ours of driving plus 1/3 tank of gas was a small price to pay for having a machine do most of the work.

So today I removed snow from 8 driveways, including my own: 2 elderly neighbors, one widow, my next door neighbor who takes care of my cat when we are away, my neighbor who lends me his pick-up, and three paying jobs. I changed $50 for those three. :)

What a bunch of snow rookies. Was every public building in your hamlet closed?

Good man

How many libs volunteered?

gerud is too busy hoarding his shekels from the po

The only liberal I know here is Janice, across the street. She holed up inside all day. Her boyfriend, Ken, gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels last time I shoveled his driveway. He's fairly conservative. They are both in their 70's.

Good man

How many libs volunteered?

gerud is too busy hoarding his shekels from the po

Obviously no reactionary shits ever did anything for anyone, so all, if liberals are the nearest to decent people you have. I suppose there are decent people in America, though they are kept from our knowledge.

What a bunch of snow rookies. Was every public building in your hamlet closed?
Yes. Municipal governments here have done cost-benefit analysis on winter storm preparation. It doesn't make sense to have the infrastructure in place to clear 10 year storm events like this. The cost savings justifies shutting down for a few days once in a while. We average 7 inches per year, and this storm officially was 10 inches in 24 hours.

I've shut down one of my businesses until Monday using the same type of analysis. People are not driving around and are not likely to use our services, so there is no reason for me to pay someone to plow the parking lot. We'll just open up on Monday after most of the stuff melts.

... I suppose there are decent people in America, though they are kept from our knowledge.
That's because you insist on watching PMSNBC to get your views on Americans.

Think for a minute who Americans are: immigrants and their descendants. Those who emigrated from Europe did so first for religious freedom, then for economic freedom, then to escape your wars. Asians emigrated for similar reasons. These were self-starters; folks who had the 'nads to leave their ancestral land and start a new life in a relatively unknown place. Most started with very little and worked their asses off, and raised good families.

Unfortunately, with every generation the incessant social liberalization has occurred. The family has eroded. GovCo is now the only father many children will ever know. American society has grown coarser, lazier, and less productive with each new generation.

That's because you insist on watching PMSNBC to get your views on Americans.

Think for a minute who Americans are: immigrants and their descendants. Those who emigrated from Europe did so first for religious freedom, then for economic freedom, then to escape your wars. Asians emigrated for similar reasons. These were self-starters; folks who had the 'nads to leave their ancestral land and start a new life in a relatively unknown place. Most started with very little and worked their asses off, and raised good families.

Unfortunately, with every generation the incessant social liberalization has occurred. The family has eroded. GovCo is now the only father many children will ever know. American society has grown coarser, lazier, and less productive with each new generation.

What is PMSNBC? Those of my family who went to the US went there purely for money, like everyone else, and I'm damned if I know what 'religious freedom' you have in your nutty plutocracy. You are free to do whatever your masters allow, which is bugger all!

What is PMSNBC? Those of my family who went to the US went there purely for money, like everyone else, and I'm damned if I know what 'religious freedom' you have in your nutty plutocracy. You are free to do whatever your masters allow, which is bugger all!

So some of your family members emigrated for economic freedom, which proves my point, that we are a country of entrepreneurs. You've also proven my point that the social liberalization has done great harm to America.

Yes. Municipal governments here have done cost-benefit analysis on winter storm preparation. It doesn't make sense to have the infrastructure in place to clear 10 year storm events like this. The cost savings justifies shutting down for a few days once in a while. We average 7 inches per year, and this storm officially was 10 inches in 24 hours.

I've shut down one of my businesses until Monday using the same type of analysis. People are not driving around and are not likely to use our services, so there is no reason for me to pay someone to plow the parking lot. We'll just open up on Monday after most of the stuff melts.
That was pretty much the sentiment when I lived down there and it was certainly justifiable. It also made for some serious comedy on the highways when they did get a snowstorn. Even if you are an experienced driver and do have a vehicle equiped to drive in winter weather you'd have to be nuts to go driving down there during a winter storm cause most people simply don't have either.

It's what right wingers call MSNBC which is what they accuse people of watching when they get laughed at for repeating Faux News talking points. LOL

That was pretty much the sentiment when I lived down there and it was certainly justifiable. It also made for some serious comedy on the highways when they did get a snowstorn. Even if you are an experienced driver and do have a vehicle equiped to drive in winter weather you'd have to be nuts to go driving down there during a winter storm cause most people simply don't have either.

Of the four daily drivers in my family fleet, three are either 4WD or AWD. The Mustang with its wide tires remains parked if there is any chance of winter precipitation.

Driving is most dangerous when the storm first hits because those who are not prepared or don't know how to drive in it are still on the road. On Tuesday driving back about an inch had fallen and traffic was light as nearly all schools and many business had shut down in anticipation of this very large storm.

Two weeks ago we had a small storm and I was about ten miles away from my house doing business errands. I had the option to take the highway or local roads, and I went local in order to avoid high speed traffic accident. I took me about an hour to get back due to six single car accidents, as well as folks getting stuck on 1% grades and what I call "pokers", folks who drive at 10 mph over a light dusting of snow, holding a 1/4 mile of cars up behind them.

As a general rule we just have preparations to be stuck at home for a few days.

So some of your family members emigrated for economic freedom, which proves my point, that we are a country of entrepreneurs. You've also proven my point that the social liberalization has done great harm to America.

You are a country of grovelling arseholes. Those who went there sent money for the others to go to Argentina and Canada, obviously, but they'd have done better to stay home and fight, like men (and women).

They'd have done better to stay home.

stay-welsh-and-shag-sheep.png

You are a country of grovelling arseholes. Those who went there sent money for the others to go to Argentina and Canada, obviously, but they'd have done better to stay home and fight, like men (and women).
Stay and fight for what? Your meager existence?

Who plowed the roads?

Back