Major winter storm here

Where did they get the money for that? Did you use those roads to get to your paying jobs?
They get their money from real estate taxes, Jarod. The village charter limits that to a very low number, in fact about 1/6 of the county rate.

Roads are a necessary government function, even at the federal level, but as we see here, the most efficient government service is at the local level. Wouldn't you agree?

They get their money from real estate taxes, Jarod. The village charter limits that to a very low number, in fact about 1/6 of the county rate.

Roads are a necessary government function, even at the federal level, but as we see here, the most efficient government service is at the local level. Wouldn't you agree?

So let me then ask, will you declare the $150 you earned on your taxes? And why should those who rent in the village get the benefit of plowed roads if they did not pay for the service? Does the town issue decals for landowners to have on their cars and prevent non-decaled cars from driving after the snow was plowed?

I just got an email from my local government in the mountains. They have a list service for announcements, links to meeting minutes and public hearings, etc. A local private operator was looking for work clearing driveways, and the Village gave out his number. I called him, agreed to send him a check for $60, and he's clearing my driveway for me before I arrive later tonight. What a great service for local government to provide.

So let me then ask, will you declare the $150 you earned on your taxes? And why should those who rent in the village get the benefit of plowed roads if they did not pay for the service? Does the town issue decals for landowners to have on their cars and prevent non-decaled cars from driving after the snow was plowed?

No I won't declare the $150, so in real value to me that's worth about $300. :)

People who rent property in the village pay taxes through their rent payments. Do you think that the property owner doesn't pass those costs through?

I'm not sure why you'd think we have some retarded decal system. What benefit would that possibly provide? Instead it sounds like something a Nazi government would do, stop and fine people without the proper papers.

What is PMSNBC? Those of my family who went to the US went there purely for money, like everyone else, and I'm damned if I know what 'religious freedom' you have in your nutty plutocracy. You are free to do whatever your masters allow, which is bugger all!

Now I know why you're so pissed off.
You're relatives wouldn't send you any of that money and you're still stuck in Wales.

People who rent property in the village pay taxes through their rent payments. Do you think that the property owner doesn't pass those costs through?

I'm not sure why you'd think we have some retarded decal system. What benefit would that possibly provide? Instead it sounds like something a Nazi government would do, stop and fine people without the proper papers.

What about someone from out of town trying to use your streets for free? Going to your grocery store and such...?

What about someone from out of town trying to use your streets for free? Going to your grocery store and such...?
So what? Again, what benefit would regulating travel possibly provide? Instead it sounds like something a Nazi government would do, stop and fine people without the proper papers.

What a bunch of snow rookies.

aptopix-turnpike-crash.jpg

turnpike-crash.jpg

turnpike-crash.jpg

turnpike-crash.jpg

turnpike-crash.jpg

turnpike-crash.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pennsylvania-turnpike-turned-parking-lot-100-car-pileup-article-1.1614363

What a bunch of snow rookies.

The city of Pittsburgh is down to about 500 tons of salt, city spokeswoman Sonya Toler said Saturday.

“We are running low on salt, but we are managing to handle it the best we can,” she said.

As of Saturday afternoon, the city had 46 trucks plowing and salting the roads. Crews are focusing on hills, slopes and primary roads, Toler said.

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5602596-74/snow-reported-saturday#ixzz2tVCjcLrK

Someone report him to the IRS, I'd love to see him in jail.

So what? Again, what benefit would regulating travel possibly provide? Instead it sounds like something a Nazi government would do, stop and fine people without the proper papers.

Allow me to clear this up. Jarod is apparently still butthurt from me exposing him as a giant hypocrite. When push comes to shove good ole Jarod talks like a libbie but lives like a rush Limbaugh conservative.

So he is lashing out at you with his little questions.

The city of Pittsburgh is down to about 500 tons of salt, city spokeswoman Sonya Toler said Saturday.

“We are running low on salt, but we are managing to handle it the best we can,” she said.

As of Saturday afternoon, the city had 46 trucks plowing and salting the roads. Crews are focusing on hills, slopes and primary roads, Toler said.

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5602596-74/snow-reported-saturday#ixzz2tVCjcLrK

Proof that we know how to handle bad weather. Good job!

Proof that we know how to handle bad weather.

A salt shortage in the City of Pittsburgh may leave some roads untreated Sunday night.

Crews mixed the last few tons of salt with sand Sunday and will only use it on primary roads, steep hills and sharp curves.

Slick roads caused a backup on the Fort Pitt Bridge in the afternoon. Two cars collided just before the entrance to the tunnel.

One person was taken to the hospital.

The cold weather has also caused some big problems on the rivers.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/16/salt-shortage-means-some-pittsburgh-roads-to-go-untreated/

Back