Malcom Young passed away.....bummer!!

Cypress

Malcolm Young, AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder, Dead at 64

What a bummer. As an aspiring guitarist (a legend in my own mind!) in a series of mediocre garage rock bands, AC/DC was a staple of our playlist....and frankly my favorite, because the tunes of the Young brothers were simple to play, loud, and sounded totally bad ass!!

Well brother Malcolm, in the immortal words of one of your awesome tunes....for those about to rock, we salute you!

I knew he was struggling w/ dementia, but still a big drag.

What an iconic band - such a huge part of the soundtrack of all of our lives. R.I.P.

One of my favorite things about that band is that they never put out a "record company needs a single" power ballad. Every song just rocked.

I knew he was struggling w/ dementia, but still a big drag.

What an iconic band - such a huge part of the soundtrack of all of our lives. R.I.P.

AC/DC was on the soundtrack of my life....probably lots of others too!

In retrospect, they were arguably bigger and more influential than the Rolling Stones, The Who, Aerosmith, and a host of other bands who garnered more praise and were generally held in higher esteem.

A band who put out an unbelievable amount of iconic tunes, and albums just chock full of fist-pumping, head banging anthems!

I believe he had a stroke a year or two ago, he also had a problem with alcohol.
The above mentioned song "For Those About To Rock, We Salute You," is probably
one of the best encore tunes you can see live. Those cannons firing and the sheer
energy of that tune is awesome. I've seen them twice, and they rock :hedb:

I believe he had a stroke a year or two ago, he also had a problem with alcohol.
one of the best encore tunes you can see live. Those cannons firing and the sheer

He had early onset dementia. :~( What a loss for both his family and for his fans.

Malcolm Young, AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder, Dead at 64

What a bummer. As an aspiring guitarist (a legend in my own mind!) in a series of mediocre garage rock bands, AC/DC was a staple of our playlist....and frankly my favorite, because the tunes of the Young brothers were simple to play, loud, and sounded totally bad ass!!

Well brother Malcolm, in the immortal words of one of your awesome tunes....for those about to rock, we salute you!

MaMaMaMel Tellis passed away today too.

Sad day for music.

Right on, man. Encores don't get any better than that tune!

I am still partial to the Bon Scott era of AC/DC, but they were consistently good with Brian Johnson too. I am cranking "Thunderstruck" (to eleven) as I type this!

Right on, man. Encores don't get any better than that tune!

I am still partial to the Bon Scott era of AC/DC, but they were consistently good with Brian Johnson too. I am cranking "Thunderstruck" (to eleven) as I type this!

Actually, he had the stroke in 2014 (time flies, doesn't it!). But yes, they were a great live band.
Some time back, they said when it's all over, they just want to be remembered as "a good rock & roll band." I'd say they accomplished that.

MaMaMaMel Tellis passed away today too.

Sad day for music.

Can't say that I listened to AC/DC that much, to my mind, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin are/were the real deal. Glad to say that I saw all of them in their prime.

In other News that cunt Manson has died, if anybody deserved the death penalty he did!!

Last edited:
Can't say that I listened to AC/DC that much, to my mind, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin are/were the real deal. Glad to say that I saw all of them in their prime.

In other News that cunt Manson has died, if anybody deserved the death penalty he did!!

Iron Maiden and Judas Priest should get an honourable mention as well!

Can't say that I listened to AC/DC that much. To my mind, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin are/were the real deal. Glad to say that I saw all of them in their prime.

Saw both Purple and Sabbath a few times too, but always thought Zeppelin was overrated. I will say the Heaven And Hell tour with Ronnie James Dio singing with Sabbath was pretty darned good, but their older stuff was better with Ozzy, simply because it was he who sang them originally. Purple was better with Blackmore, too. As for AC/DC, they hold their own with the best of them live.

Saw both Purple and Sabbath a few times too, but always thought Zeppelin was overrated. I will say the Heaven And Hell tour with Ronnie James Dio singing with Sabbath was pretty darned good, but their older stuff was better with Ozzy, simply because it was he who sang them originally. Purple was better with Blackmore, too. As for AC/DC, they hold their own with the best of them live.

Can't agree about Led Zeppelin, both Jimmy Page and John were geniuses. If you listen to his drumming on Kashmir if is just truly awesome the way he interacts with Page. To my mind he's the greatest rock drummer of all time.

http://drummagazine.com/bonham-from-the-perspective-of-his-peers/

Can't argue that John was good, great actually. But Neal Peart is just as good, possibly even better. But, I'd say Buddy Rich was the best drummer of all time.

I said rock drummer of all time, which excludes Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa. I have a very good friend who's played in many bands over the years as a drummer and he says that the drumming on Kashmir is truly unbelievable.

Last edited:
I said rock drummer of all time, which excludes Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa.

Duly noted. Rich wasn't a "rock drummer," but his skills should be mentioned when discussing the greatest rock drummers. Many rock drummers mention Rich as their inspiration.

Back