Malcom Young passed away.....bummer!!

I am a fan of sex pistons, clash, sublime, and green day from way back.

Its is a different style than AC/DC, Guns and Roses, et al.

AC/DC left more space between notes than the punk bands, where were obviously much more frenetic. Different styles, but both quite good!

Anytime you can get loud guitars and drums capably performed to catchy riffs, you cannot go wrong!

Thank you, Malcolm for being the real deal.

E Street Band guitarist Steven Van Zandt said in a statement to Rolling Stone, "Malcolm was the essential rhythm guitarist of the world’s greatest working class Hard Rock band. An irreplaceable loss."

Guns N' Roses' Slash told Rolling Stone, "Malcolm Young was one of the best ever rhythm guitarists in Rock n Roll. He was a fantastic songwriter and he had a great work ethic too. I toured with AC/DC on their 'Stiff Upper Lip' tour. I found Malcolm to be a really cool, down to earth fellow. The entire rock n roll community is heartbroken by his passing."

Heart's Nancy Wilson told Rolling Stone, "Malcom Young was the embodiment of rock itself. His rhythm guitar style needed no embellishment. He laid down the simple solid guitar truth that taught us all about the 'less is more ethic.' The wild power of simplicity and the head banging hair flipping joys of turning it up really loud and dancing with the vibrations. Thank you, Malcom for being the real deal. We are all going to miss that shredding music that only you and your brother could make together."

Eddie Van Halen wrote following Young's death, "It is a sad day in rock and roll. Malcolm Young was my friend and the heart and soul of AC/DC. I had some of the best times of my life with him on our 1984 European tour. He will be missed and my deepest condolences to his family, bandmates and friends."

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, who regarded Malcolm as one of rock's greatest rhythm guitarists, tweeted Saturday following Young's death, "I have to go...I am losing it that Malcolm is gone. I hate this..." Kiss' Paul Stanley added, "The driving engine of AC/DC has died. A tragic end for a sometimes unsung icon. One of the true greats. RIP." Tom Morello praised Young as "#1 greatest rhythm guitarist in the entire history of rock n roll."*

Foo Fighters' leader Dave Grohl honored Young by writing about how, at age 11, watching a live AC/DC performance from Paris in 1979 in the movie theater was life-changing. "That film ... was the first time I lost control to music. The first time I wanted to be in a band. I didn't want to play my guitar anymore, I wanted to smash it," Grohl wrote. "Thank you, Malcolm for the songs, and the feel and the cool and the years of losing control to your rock and roll."*

The Young brothers and AC/DC were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. With over 110 million albums sold, AC/DC is also the best-selling Australian act of all time.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...c-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-w512164

Last edited:
I never liked the AC/DC type bands, I was more of a Led Zepplin type, Beatles, Moody Blues, Doobie Brothers, Queen, Deep Purple, James Gang, Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Allman Brothers, etc,

Myself, I have a pretty diverse taste in music. Everything from metal (although I hate thrash) to blues and even some classical. But no rap, country or top 40. Never liked disco or punk, either.

I never liked the AC/DC type bands, I was more of a Led Zepplin type, Beatles, Moody Blues, Doobie Brothers, Queen, Deep Purple, James Gang, Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Allman Brothers, etc,

I like those bands too!

Creedance Clearwater and Grateful Dead are a staple on my playlist too. Rock seems to be waning in popularity, but I will always be cranking the classic rock bands....to eleven!

Back