Martian Genesis?

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
It seems that evidence for water on Mars keeps growing:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/12/06/mars.water.ap/index.html

I've often wondered what -- if anything -- will happen in the Creationist/ID community if we do discover life on Mars. Or life on Europa. Mars would be particularly interesting, however, since it's remotely possible that terrestrial life actually started on Mars.

What do y'all think? Big Deal resulting in much wailing, gnashing of teeth and backtracking or will they simply ignore it?

Not really...

I've often wondered what -- if anything -- will happen in the Creationist/ID community if we do discover life on Mars. Or life on Europa. Mars would be particularly interesting, however, since it's remotely possible that terrestrial life actually started on Mars.

What do y'all think? Big Deal resulting in much wailing, gnashing of teeth and backtracking or will they simply ignore it?

If one believes I mean really believes...is it not fair to assume that the 'Creator' could also create life anywhere he/she chose to?

Mars could have once been a nice place and we were there and moved here as it deteoriated.
Maybe it was heaven and god gave up on humans and moved on ?

If one believes I mean really believes...is it not fair to assume that the 'Creator' could also create life anywhere he/she chose to?
I suppose. Certainly many believers will have no trouble with it. I suspect, though, that many of that lot to which I allude will.

This was a really exciting find! Hopefully it will open the way for more extensive exploration.

As to the naysayers and creationists: Well, they've succeeded in persisting in absolute denial so far. I think it's entirely possible that they'll rationalize this somehow to fit whatever they want. Cognitive dissonance seems to be a huge problem for those folks; instead of absorbing new information and adapting their views, which would be the rational approach, they become ever more strident in their denial.

Frankly, I wouldn't care at all if those attitudes were contained among those who hold them and didn't affect what the rest of us do. It's part of the whole anti-science agenda that so adamantly perpetuates ignorance because knowledge is perceived as a threat to the status quo. The consequence is that funding to basic science has suffered drastically and no change in direction seems to be in the near future.

Some here still do not believe that humans walked on the moon. So don't get your hopes up too much. I doubt that money will be available in the future for the moon base or mars base.

????

Mars could have once been a nice place and we were there and moved here as it deteoriated.
Maybe it was heaven and god gave up on humans and moved on ?

Mars was not where we came from...if we did there would be remnants of a past civilization...nothing was found to even begin to theorize about this...all we have is a meteor found in the Ice at the Pole showing bacteria and minerals also found on Earth! Mars would be interesting to colonize in the future for a jumping off point for further exploration!

How do we know that ?
I never understook how they could say that meteorite came from mars anyway.
Was it labled "Made on Mars " ?

Good Boy**pats ya on the back***

How do we know that ?

Ya challenged the JPL scientist who said it did...went against the "Normal" scientific community eh'???

Mars was not where we came from...if we did there would be remnants of a past civilization...nothing was found to even begin to theorize about this...all we have is a meteor found in the Ice at the Pole showing bacteria and minerals also found on Earth! Mars would be interesting to colonize in the future for a jumping off point for further exploration!

Mars was not where we came from...if we did there would be remnants of a past civilization...nothing was found to even begin to theorize about this...

Please Ornot, I beg you not to respond to this idiocy. Battleboob clearly has no concept of what you're (and other educated people here) are talking about.

How do we know that ?

I think the "martian" meteorites have an isotopic signature, that points to an origin on mars.

Careful now...

Mars was not where we came from...if we did there would be remnants of a past civilization...nothing was found to even begin to theorize about this...

Please Ornot, I beg you not to respond to this idiocy. Battleboob clearly has no concept of what you're (and other educated people here) are talking about.

ya just lost another ten points on your IQ...ya are down to about 75 now!;)

battleboob, let the adults discuss science.

You disqualified yourself from any serious science discussion, with your idiocy about statistical sampling.

go away and let the adults talk

I think some of the far-right wingnutters may claim heresy.

But, I don't think most mainstream religions will have a problem. They ultimately had to accept Copernicus, Galileo, and Darwin

From the mouths of...

battleboob, let the adults discuss science.

You disqualified yourself from any serious science discussion, with your idiocy about statistical sampling.

go away and let the adults talk

babes...guess that definetly lets you out...and when did you purchase the board from damo?...let me see he invited me here to give the other side...betta tell him to let me go!;)

babes...guess that definetly lets you out...and when did you purchase the board from damo?...let me see he invited me here to give the other side...betta tell him to let me go!;)

As intelligent as Damo is, you'd think he could do a little better than inviting poorly-informed and mindless rightwing trolls like you and Gaffer.

Lol...

As intelligent as Damo is, you'd think he could do a little better than inviting poorly-informed and mindless rightwing trolls like you and Gaffer.

Shame on damo...he should kick me and Gaffer to the curb...and let y'all rant away amongst yourselves!

How do we know that ?
LOL! Not quite, but it might as well have been. Gas traces trapped in pockets in the meteorite exactly match the chemical makeup of the Martian atmosphere.

So, what else is new? :D

Yah, he's bouncing up and down way out on the wrong limb again. Whatever.

Shame on damo...he should kick me and Gaffer to the curb...and let y'all rant away amongst yourselves!

No, a board is only as enjoyable as it members. I specifically only invite intelligent posters here. And I've invited liberals, Libertarians, and republicans here and the previous board who are articulate and intelligent. I specifically screen out nuts, trolls, and stupid people. I don't have a problem with more intelligent conservatives coming here. But, a board can go quickly downhill when a bunch of juvenile and poorly-informed posters take over a board.

Back