Martin Luther King had 45 lovers, secret FBI cache reveals

Should MLK Statue be torn down?

• Yes. He fucked White women outside of Marriage.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. He Inspired Black people with Speeches.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Worthy of remaining.
Why is any historical statue not "worthy" of remaining? They were created to represent a moment in history.... Removing them doesn't really change a thing....certainly not history...

What standard? Should we included traitors to the United States like Robert E. Lee?

"What standard". I agree. If we agree that MLK Statue should remain with his 45 extra-marital affairs and being a Minister of the Christian Faith, we could probably agree that Washington and Jefferson and the Founding Fathers should remain and be off-limits to any thought of removing them.
As for 'confederate monuments', that would probably be dependent on the circumstance. Civil War Battlefields with Statues or Monuments to both sides may help in telling the Stories.

"What standard". I agree. If we agree that MLK Statue should remain with his 45 extra-marital affairs and being a Minister of the Christian Faith, we could probably agree that Washington and Jefferson and the Founding Fathers should remain and be off-limits to any thought of removing them.
As for 'confederate monuments', that would probably be dependent on the circumstance. Civil War Battlefields with Statues or Monuments to both sides may help in telling the Stories.

Seriously, if all one knows of US history is statues then...you are a bad, bad, citizen.

Why is any historical statue not "worthy" of remaining? They were created to represent a moment in history.... Removing them doesn't really change a thing....certainly not history...

Well, here in New Orleans, there was a Statue of Robert E. Lee, but it was removed. Lee didn't have any connection to the City. Wasn't a 'Favorite Son', didn't defend the City, there wasn't any historical association between Lee and New Orleans.
(The reason for the removal was 'economic' more than 'political', New Orleans depends on Tourism and Conventions)

"The Robert E. Lee Monument formerly in New Orleans, Louisiana, is a historic statue dedicated to Confederate General Robert E. Lee by noted American sculptor Alexander Doyle. It was removed (intact) by official order and moved to an unknown location on May 19, 2017. Any future display is uncertain.[2] The monument was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.[1][3] It was included by New Orleans magazine in June 2011 as one of the city's "11 important statues".[4]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee_Monument_(New_Orleans,_Louisiana)

Robert E Lee went to war against the United States. Are you denying this?

To defend his state after Lincoln invaded his state of Virginia. Why do you think standing up against tyranny was wrong for Lee, but okay for Washington and Jefferson? Okay for MLK and every other LWer who has stood up against an oppressive government?

Well, here in New Orleans, there was a Statue of Robert E. Lee, but it was removed. Lee didn't have any connection to the City. Wasn't a 'Favorite Son', didn't defend the City, there wasn't any historical association between Lee and New Orleans.
(The reason for the removal was 'economic' more than 'political', New Orleans depends on Tourism and Conventions)

"The Robert E. Lee Monument formerly in New Orleans, Louisiana, is a historic statue dedicated to Confederate General Robert E. Lee by noted American sculptor Alexander Doyle. It was removed (intact) by official order and moved to an unknown location on May 19, 2017. Any future display is uncertain.[2] The monument was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.[1][3] It was included by New Orleans magazine in June 2011 as one of the city's "11 important statues".[4]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee_Monument_(New_Orleans,_Louisiana)
I guess they thought spending the money to remove it would help tourism....I doubt anyone ever refused to visit NOLA ever again because the statue was there, though....did they?

To defend his state after Lincoln invaded his state of Virginia. Why do you think standing up against tyranny was wrong for Lee, but okay for Washington and Jefferson? Okay for MLK and every other LWer who has stood up against an oppressive government?

Lincoln was the legal President of the United States. I am quite surprised you have contempt for the US Constitution. Lee was an enemy of the United States of America. Lee pissed on the US Constitution.

Seriously, if all one knows of US history is statues then...you are a bad, bad, citizen.

There's a Statue of Andrew Jackson in Jackson Square in New Orleans. He defended the City.

"Battle of New Orleans"
"The Battle of New Orleans was fought on January 8, 1815 between the British Army under Major General Sir Edward Pakenham and the United States Army under Brevet Major General Andrew Jackson, roughly 5 miles southeast of New Orleans, close to Chalmette, Louisiana.Wikipedia"

Lincoln was the legal President of the United States. I am quite surprised you have contempt for the US Constitution. Lee was an enemy of the United States of America. Lee pissed on the US Constitution.

Yes, he was. Again, you can lie and name-call all you like.

All of the sane, mature and intelligent adults know I'm a military retiree who has and still is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. What have you done for your country other than lie about many of its citizens?

I guess they thought spending the money to remove it would help tourism....I doubt anyone ever refused to visit NOLA ever again because the statue was there, though....did they?

It was an economic decision made by Mayor Mitch Landrieu.

"Read: New Orleans Mayor on Removing Confederate Monuments"
https://time.com/4790674/mitch-landrieu-new-orleans-confederate-monuments-speech/

"On May 19, the city of New Orleans removed a statue of Robert E. Lee from atop an 80-foot pedestal, where it had stood for 133 years. The Confederate Army commander’s likeness was the last of four monuments memorializing the insurrection to be withdrawn in a 26-day span, an action that has led to protest both in the city and elsewhere. The same day, Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who started the movement to take down the monuments in 2015, gave a speech explaining the reasoning behind their removal. His full prepared remarks are below."

Yes, he was. Again, you can lie and name-call all you like.

All of the sane, mature and intelligent adults know I'm a military retiree who has and still is sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. What have you done for your country other than lie about many of its citizens?

So...go fuck yourself. Okay?

Back