McCain Gets Beaten by a Girl....

I agree.... I only bring up Bush's experience because Republicans bring it up about any democrat that scares them.... fucking hypocrites.

Just like I love to bring up the fact that Newt is a serial adulterer and intern fucker whenever they tout him as presidential timber

LOL

Heck, Abe Lincoln was only a Congressional Representative for what - 2 years - before becoming President?

I've always known Bush was a moron. It has little to do with his resume.

I'm so torn...I really agree with you in so many ways Cypress. It's true, bush is a moron and it has nothing to with inexperience. And that's not his worst quality, sadly.

But...I think this time around, considering the especial mess that the next President is going to have to at least attempt to make some sort of beginning of trying to sort out, we do need someone with a lot of experience.

I just still see Obama as the number two on the ticket. I don't think I'm going to come around on that, but we'll see.

I will just wait and see who winds up on the tickets and vote for the one I consider the least destructive to our country.
Of course in the primary I will be voting on a republican candidate.

I'm so torn...I really agree with you in so many ways Cypress. It's true, bush is a moron and it has nothing to with inexperience. And that's not his worst quality, sadly.

But...I think this time around, considering the especial mess that the next President is going to have to at least attempt to make some sort of beginning of trying to sort out, we do need someone with a lot of experience.

I just still see Obama as the number two on the ticket. I don't think I'm going to come around on that, but we'll see.

I'm not sure "experience" - say, in the foreign policy sector - is always defined as how many State Department meetings one attended, or how many foreign ambassadors one has met.

I think, it can be less tangible than that. I think it has to do with - through one's life experience - whether or not one is a "wordly" person. One who has knoweldge of the planet at large, has traveled a lot, and has experienced different cultures.

Did Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas have a lot of foreign policy experience? No. But, the dude was way wordly. He spent his young life seeking out expericneces that would cause him to understand this world on a deeper, more personal level, than our current chimp in chief has. And obviously, this must have given Clinton some of the skills neccessary to interact with foreign leaders and to understand global problems, on a deeper level than someone who lived in Midland Texas his whole life.

Likewise, I think Obama is very wordly. He's lived all over the planet, and comes from a very multi-cultural background. Would it be nice if he also had the diplomatic experience of, say a Wes Clark or Bill Richardson. Of course. But, I don't rule out his less tangible wordly experiences.

I'm not sure "experience" - say, in the foreign policy sector - is always defined as how many State Department meetings one attended, or how many foreign ambassadors one has met.

I think, it can be less tangible than that. I think it has to do with - through one's life experience - whether or not one is a "wordly" person. One who has knoweldge of the planet at large, has traveled a lot, and has experienced different cultures.

Did Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas have a lot of foreign policy experience? No. But, the dude was way wordly. He spent his young life seeking out expericneces that would cause him to understand this world on a deeper, more personal level, than our current chimp in chief has. And obviously, this must have given Clinton some of the skills neccessary to interact with foreign leaders and to understand global problems, on a deeper level than someone who lived in Midland Texas his whole life.

Likewise, I think Obama is very wordly. He's lived all over the planet, and comes from a very multi-cultural background. Would it be nice if he also had the diplomatic experience of, say a Wes Clark or Bill Richardson. Of course. But, I don't rule out his less tangible wordly experiences.

Good point about Clinton. What a job whoever it turns out to be, will have in front of them.

A typical one issue voter Klaatu ?

You know thats not true.... but in this case...knowing that this guy doesnt understand the importance of Parental Consent and the disgusting practice of Late Term Abortion ....tells a story about character.

Tell me USC... what is it about Obama that you like.... aside from the hype...what do you klnow about him ... give us some detail....

Convince me that he should be President and based on what ....

You know thats not true.... but in this case...knowing that this guy doesnt understand the importance of Parental Consent and the disgusting practice of Late Term Abortion ....tells a story about character.

Tell me USC... what is it about Obama that you like.... aside from the hype...what do you klnow about him ... give us some detail....

I am not quite sure why you think I like Obama Klaatu......
I don't reacll doing any cheerleading for him at all.

I will tell you honestly, much like Edwards, Obama will have issues with experience. It is possible to get past those, especially if there is some strong third party surge during the election like happened with Clinton. But Edwards ended up being a problem at even VP because of his lack of experience having exactly 4 years in the Senate didn't seem to impress many people. That and channeling the dead wasn't very helpful...

I think it would be wise for him to wait a bit, or try at VP even though that might give him issues. Not because he is black but because of the whole experience issue...

I will tell you honestly, much like Edwards, Obama will have issues with experience. It is possible to get past those, especially if there is some strong third party surge during the election like happened with Clinton. But Edwards ended up being a problem at even VP because of his lack of experience having exactly 4 years in the Senate didn't seem to impress many people. That and channeling the dead wasn't very helpful...

I think it would be wise for him to wait a bit, or try at VP even though that might give him issues. Not because he is black but because of the whole experience issue...

7 years as a State Senator plus 6 years as a U.S. senator isn't at least roughly equivalent to 8 years as a Governor (Reagan)?

;)

I won't try to speak for uscit but I do like the man's stance on parental consent laws.

:pke:

Back